PDA

View Full Version : Top two+two=bet?

Monkeyslacks
03-15-2004, 03:54 PM
6/12 home game with lots of soft spots. Raises are getting too much respect, especially mine. The cutoff is the riddle in this hand and he's new to the game. The only read I have on him is that he's young -he can't be more than 18.

Anyway, I've got K/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG and open raise. Yeah, I know. I'm adding to my Shania. Folded to cutoff who calls. BB calls.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, cutoff raises, bb folds, I call. 3-bet?

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I check, button bets, I call. ?

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Do we have a value bet here?

AviD
03-15-2004, 03:56 PM
If he is new to Hold Em entirely and isn't the type to raise the flop on his OESD...then I put him on 2 pair flopped and say you have a value bet on the river.

I should add that I don't think you really have the odds to go much farther. You essentially need a runner, runner to get anywhere in this hand and 2 pair is the worst of that.

Nottom
03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should add that I don't think you really have the odds to go much farther.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize hero has an OESD on the flop right?

Monkeyslacks
03-15-2004, 04:21 PM
By his chip handling it's clear he's played before.

& you're missing the OESD.

AviD
03-15-2004, 04:48 PM
you are correct, missed that...lack o coffee...Im recharged now! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Monkeyslacks
03-16-2004, 11:56 PM

Monkeyslacks
03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I couldn't see him with a 9 or a 4 here, he might check behind with an underpair, and there's a good chance that a set doesn't raise so I bet out. He raised. I call. He shows K,9.