PDA

View Full Version : A6c in the BB.

Schmed
03-15-2004, 02:14 PM
utg calls, mp1 calls, mp2 calls, co calls, button calls, SB completes, I raise, all call.

Flop

3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to me, I check, all check.

turn

3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to me I check, checks around.

River

9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, mp1 raises, all fold to me I reraise, mp1 reraises, I call.

jedi
03-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Depending on the table, I might have semi-bluffed at the turn. When your club hits, the re-raise was good. I would have a real hard time figuring anyone for a boat here. I think you beat a smaller flush.

A question I have for everyone else is about the raise with 6 limpers from the Big Blind. Is this a move we should be making with Axs?

PseudoPserious
03-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm wondering that too, especially since I just posted a hand where I checked in the BB with Axs against 8 limpers.

PP

iblucky4u2
03-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Hopefully you got your just deserts for raising Axs out of position and lost to 9's full on the riveror quad 3's, although you probably beat a smaller flush.

If you are going to raise with this hand, bet the flop and/or the turn. You will probably take it down on any bet.

Schmed
03-15-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully you got your just deserts for raising Axs out of position and lost to 9's full on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't hate the player...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well this may be me going Majorkong-o here and misunderstanding something he was talking about. DS posted a question some time ago, "which is worse", he had 3 choices. I forget what they all were now but it was like, not raising 33 in the BB...blah blah blah...well one of the choices, and much to my surprise the correct choice, was not raising A9s in the BB. I was pushing a marginal edge here. My feeling was that I had 6 people calling to me I raise and tie them to the pot if my flush draw hits.

By the way....I got my deserts....he had 34o for a FH....... honestly it did not taste like the bread pudding I ate at Dickie Brennans the night before but it was desert none the less.... I would have folded to any action on the flop by the way......

spamuell
03-15-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded to any action on the flop by the way......

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is already 14SB on the flop, you have the backdoor nut flush draw, a backdoor straight draw and an overcard. Even if you just count that as 3 outs, you have the odds to peel off a card.

And that doesn't even take into account implied odds.

Schmed
03-15-2004, 04:01 PM
I guess you're right. Those are situations I don't recognize real well. That being the case, do you think I should have bet out?

spamuell
03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you think I should have bet out?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends how passive this table is. On a typical table I would probably bet out as I figure I'm going to have to call a bet anyway and I might make someone fold.

On this hand, the flop was checked around with 7 players. If it was typical of this table that the flop was getting checked around alot then I would have checked and hoped for it to get checked around (because your call is +EV but it's obviously better to draw for free which is more +EV), and even if someone did bet, on a passive table it is likely to only be one bet to me.

Usually, as you raised PF (which I wouldn't have done the majority of the time), I would bet the flop.

Ed Miller
03-16-2004, 04:56 AM
Hopefully you got your just deserts for raising Axs out of position...

I'd assess that raise to be roughly EV-neutral. It is probably slightly +EV if your opponents are loose, but observant and tricky... and also slightly +EV if your opponents play terrible hands.

Your comment implies that the raise is terrible. It isn't. Schmed did misunderstand what I and David said, though. David's post that Schmed is referring to (I think) is the one called Rate These Holdem Errors (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=94072&page=&view=&sb= 5&o=).