PDA

View Full Version : TT in BB

asdf1234
03-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Party 2/4

5 limpers, plus SB to me in the BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I raise, all call.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check fold

Edit: 5 total, including the SB (So 6 to the flop)

J.R.
03-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Standard Operating Procedure for me.

asdf1234
03-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Good, just checking, cause I'm stuck like a bitch right now.

BigEndian
03-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Back-door 3rd nut and nut straight, bet. Then see what the turn brings if it's only called or if it's raised one time back to you. If you miss on the turn without improving, then fold.

I'm probably out of my mind on this though, so feel free to crush me into some sensabilities.

- Jim

MRBAA
03-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, that ain't your flop. Somewhere is the line between pairs you raise for value and pairs you just call to make implied odds better when you spike a set. In the blind, I probably just call this. I'd raise jacks, though. I'd also bet out if only one overcard came. But with two, as here, yeah, it's probably a fold. Keep in mind that when you raised preflop you made the pot huge -- 12sb plus however many call the flop bet back to you. Say it's three more, you're getting 15-1 on a call and are 22-1 to hit a 10 in one card. So while you don't have odds to call just for that, if there's a chance your hand might be good, say, 1 in 5 times here, you might have a call. For example, let's say you check, next player (a known maniac) bets and all fold. Now you might have enough chance of being good to call.

aas
03-15-2004, 03:34 PM
With six players already in the pot I usually limp with TT since most of the time I'll need a set to continue after the flop.

Good check-fold.

aas.

AviD
03-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I like the check-fold if you are going to face a raise from anyone with an A or a Q. You need a runner runner of non-diamonds to consider it good. If your T comes to give you the set, you have to think of the chances it improves someone holding KJ.

I just dont like running down a pot like this out of position. More times than not, its going to cost you alot and not pay off in the end.

Just my .02