PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Bay Area Home Game Tourney Hand

SossMan
03-15-2004, 01:59 PM
A bunch of the Bay Area 2+2ers got together on Saturday to throw some chips around at each other. We played some 2-4, some no limit, and, of course, a NL tourney.

The tourney was 10 handed and was a $50 buy in. 50%/30%/20% payout. Blinds started at 25-50. T2000 tourney chips to start.

Still in round one, I had about T2200. Everyone had more or less T2000. Chip leader (enemy in this hand) won one big pot w/ an all-in Turn bet.

Blinds 25-50. Chip Leader (CL) in UTG+2 open mini-raised to T100. Folded to me on the button w/ 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I smooth call (this is not a cold call, because cold calls have a negative stigma attached to them, smooth calls sound much...well...smoother, as explained by Dan S)
Blinds both call.

4 players to the flop w/ T400.
Flop:
4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I flop open ender w/ backdoor heart flush.

Blinds check, CL bets T200. I call, one blind calls.

Pot = T1000
Turn:
T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Blind checks, CL bets out T600.
I call, blind folds.

Heads up to river of:
6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

CL declares all in, I beat him into the pot w/ my call.

What do you guys think?
I'm guessing the only debatable play would be either preflop or the turn. Flop and river are pretty standard, I think.

Bozeman
03-15-2004, 02:24 PM
I think i'd fold preflop and on the turn, but it depends on play and tourney structure. Once you make your hand, I think you need to bet/raise/call, so if you are facing FH, too bad.

Who won? Who was there?

Craig

prairieboy
03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Fold preflop. Call the flop. Fold the turn. Call the river.

The raiser had 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif right?

stupidsucker
03-16-2004, 10:04 PM
If I recall he had 99. He also finished 3rd overall.

I think our hero played this all right. (especialy the river anyways) The blinds in this tourney were like lightning. (every 20 minutes they doubled, and only about 10 hands were being played each 20 minutes in the first few stages)

I personaly had to switch gears as I saw the blinds creeping up on me. I ended up going all in preflop with AQs(after a raise /reraise) and sucking out catching my Q on the river Vs AK. I got lucky, but I felt I needed to in order to have any chance to win this one.

To be honest now looking back at how ths tourney was played I woulda have played just about any potential hand(as cheap as possible) in the first two levels just looking to get lucky. Ultra tight/aggressive play from everyone and fast blinds. The final three all played very well with locked blinds of 200-400(I think) The guy who took 2nd was down to his last 100 chip at 4 handed and managed to beat the bubble. I went out 5th with KQs in the small blind going all in after a heafty steal raise from the button. BB followed me all in with TT button folded. TT held up.

Bigwig
03-17-2004, 01:28 AM
That's tough. In a ten handed game, you always have to be suspicious of those small raises. But I would've played the hand exactly as you did, with the bets that were out there. Sometimes you get stuck with the second best hand. I would've examined the Full House possibility, and the particular player.

eastbay
03-19-2004, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A bunch of the Bay Area 2+2ers got together on Saturday

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you guys hook up, and will there be another?

eastbay