PDA

View Full Version : 2 KK hands

WDC
03-15-2004, 12:04 PM
I am UTG+1 with pocket kings. I raise, button calls, BB calls.

Flop comes A68 rainbow. BB checks, I bet, button calls, BB calls.

Turn 4 no flush. BB bets. I ????

Hand 2

I exact Orbit later. KK UTG +1. I raise, UTG+2 raises; button calls, bb calls. I three bet, UTG+2 raises. button folds, BB calls; I cap.

Flop A97. BB checks. UTG+2 calls. BB calls. Turn pairs the 9. BB checks, I bet, UTG+2 raises, BB folds. I ???.

J.R.
03-15-2004, 03:07 PM
I fold hand 1 as there isn't a reliable draw he could be semi-bluffing and although you have outs against a crappy two pair the button is still to act and could have an A, so unless the button was a real loose caller I would let this go.

Hand 2 you are likely behind an A and don't have the odds to draw so I fold unless you have reason to suspect UTG+2 take a shot with QQ or JJ. 6-bet cap pre-flop?

Without limits and game texture/individual reads I am kinda driving in the dark here, but that's my shot. Reads do matter. While math is very important its importance is overstressed in the faceless internet age, you gotta pay attention otherwise these spots will continue to be troublesome when in a live game you should pretty easily be able to know where you are at in each of these spots.