PDA

View Full Version : Worst Player, Stars leaderboard: Sdouble

curmudgeon
03-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Watched some of the Stars NL $200.
Saw some really loco plays by Sdouble. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif (FossilMan at the same table)
Just wondering how some pimply-faced kid who plays this bad ends up on top of the Stars leaderboard. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

utopic
03-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Well, he might play at least 50 tourneys a week so it's not that difficult to be on the top. Anyway, I think you're wrong, he is not THE best player, but he is good.
You need to watch him more to have an idea.

Greg (FossilMan)
03-15-2004, 12:23 PM
I've heard he plays at least half a dozen multi-table tourneys a day. Almost anybody doing that will be near the top of the leaderboard, unless they're just awful.

I was being pretty hard on him in the chat box during yesterday's event. Mostly because all of his previous talk on rgp about how great he is. I would never rag on a humble player, whether they deserve it or not. However, somebody who brags like he did deserves to get a lot of grief whether they suck or actually are as good as they think.

I suspect he's not terrible, but he's certainly not great. He went all-in for anywhere from 10-50x the pot at least 6 times. I'm sorry, but that is not the play of a very good or better player. He probably spends too much time in the low buy-in events, where there are plenty of players stupid enough to call such bets with weak hands. He never once got a call in Sunday's event, and if he had, I'm sure he would've been WAY behind.

He may have the ability to become a great player. He's clearly not there yet. And, given his age and arrogance, it's going to be a tough battle for him, because he implies, at least, that he already knows it all. Know-it-alls don't improve, because they don't learn. Maturity may do wonders for him, whenever it comes.

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

curmudgeon
03-15-2004, 05:31 PM
You're right...... his play did seems geared to a lower limit. When he got some chips, he couldn't hold on to them for long. Called off a lot of chips..... guess he thinks he's never beat. Took some unfortunate soul out with a backdoor flush draw after a terrible call. Then went out a few hands later on another poor play.

I didn't see any brilliance there, but I don't really know his play well...........merely mediocre. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
03-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, he actually did get two calls on his silly all in bets. I was pleased to take most of his chips with AT to a T hi board on one hand and watch Greg take the rest on, I believe, the next hand.

Doc

J_V
03-15-2004, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maturity may do wonders for him, whenever it comes

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean...Puberty may do wonders for him, right?