PDA

View Full Version : Making $ Sit and Go anyone?

under242
03-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Hello, I have been playing about 6 months...absolutely addicted. My question is, does anyone make money on a regular basis playing mainly sit & gos or single table tournaments as I usually call them. I have been playing single table tourneys at Absolute Poker for months and find I like this form of play the most.

While I have only recently gotten serious about the finer points of playing and have just now decided i would really like to make money at this hobby for me (about 4 hrs a day) i just wonder if I am wasting my time with this format of play. I do enjoy multi-table but often do not have the large block of time available and am really not comfortable at all with traditional money games (paying by the hand).

Thank You, Jennifer

scotnt73
03-15-2004, 09:52 AM
alot of people on this forum make money playing sngs. that being said if you cant beat the regular games you will probably have trouble winning sngs on a regular basis.

under242
03-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Hi, I am not sure if i will make $ at money tables as I rarely play them. The few times i hace, i have pretty much broken even or played shorthanded.
In the sit&gos i have recently been finishing in the $ about 7 out of 10 times at worst on average. The problem is, if i finish 3rd a lot, theres simply not much profit in it for time spent. I try to double up on games to increase potential.
I just wonder if many players focus a lot or most of their time on this form of play.
My game does have some pretty large leaks which i would need a better player to help me out with, but i really like S&G games...just wonder how realistic is to think I may ever see good profit from it-- assuming my play is game..
jenn

theBruiser500
03-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah, it's easy to make money with SNG's. If you win a lot of them you're up, but if you're down just play a few $1000 heads up matches on Stars, that will make your bankroll healthy pretty quick.

Bozeman
03-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Come join us in the Tournaments:1-table Tournaments forum. SnG's are a great game.

Craig

cornell2005
03-15-2004, 03:48 PM
i generally think most sit and gos are very beatable, but i make much more money in certain NL ring games per hour. with less variance. but im not entirely sure

TheGrifter
03-15-2004, 04:04 PM
A 70% money rate is very likely unsustainable for you, if that is truely where you are right now. If you like SnG's, keep playing them, and as your bankroll grows move up to high buy ins, you can certainly make a large amount of money playing only SnG's.