PDA

View Full Version : Strategy during rebuy hour

Elvis
03-15-2004, 09:12 AM
I have played a couple of satellites on Pokerstars to try to qualify for the weekly WSOP or WPT "semifinal". In those satellites, you can make an unlimited number on rebuys during the first hour. Rebuys are allowed if you have 1500 or less chips, so you can make a rebuy right away if you want to. After the first hour, you can make an add-on of 2500 chips.

I have noticed that some players use an "all-in or fold" post-flop strategy during the first hour. Which is the best strategy under these conditions? Should you make a rebuy immediately, to get a stack of 3000 chips? I have noticed that about half of the players do. If you lose all your chips, should make one or two rebuys (i.e. buy 1500 or 3000 chips)? When should you/should you not make an add-on?

When I play in these tournaments, I buy 3000 chips immediately and then, during the first hour, try play my normal tight-aggressive game. The only adjustment I make is that I call all-in raises more frequently than I normally would.

Thoughts?

Jonas

BigBaitsim (milo)
03-15-2004, 12:21 PM
I limp, rebuy on the first hand. I then play fairly tight and wait for a good hand. When I get a good hand, one of the crazies will call me down and let me build a nice stack.