PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a value bet on the river?

icepoker
03-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

So do I have a value bet on the river?

All comments appreciated, results to follow.

Guido
03-15-2004, 07:34 AM
I would bet, most likely nobody has a 7 so only a 6 beats you. Any A or K will probably call so I would bet. Most likely they are on a draw or have overcards.

Guido

daveymck
03-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Personally I play the same as you, you raised PF so they may think you are drawing to overcards so have stuck around with anypart of it and there isnt an obvious draw to take the river, anyone who beats you is probably going to raise here and anyone you beat is imho going to fold, you may get one bb out of it as I cant see both calling here.

It may be weak tight? but the pot isnt so huge that you want to be looking at a river raise, and the action suggests you hand is good but not with confidence with the board pairing twice.

See what the experienced guys think.

Trix
03-15-2004, 08:57 AM
If you are ahead 55 % of the time that you will be called.
Will they call with an Ace ?

icepoker
03-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the comments, imo I should have bet but I don't think it's a huge mistake not to against typical party players. sb flipped over 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif and utg+1 had 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif.

lil'
03-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the comments, imo I should have bet but I don't think it's a huge mistake not to against typical party players.
You left 2 BB on the table here. That's a decent sized mistake. You have to bet this. The result in this hand is not atypical, and any ace will call you most of the time as well.

icepoker
03-16-2004, 04:21 AM
I'd say I lost 1 BB, the guy with 34 or whatever is practically playing the board and needs to be insanely poor to call. Then again who knows.