PDA

View Full Version : Big Blind Question

Kevin
03-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Is Ace rag off suit in the big blind in a raised pot an easy laydown? What about ace rag suited in a heads up or 3 way raised pot (ep limper lp raise)

I lay it down nearly 100% of the time to an EP raise, but I am not sure what exactly to do when someone comes in late.

In the meantime, I have taken ace rag off nearly out of my playbook, with the occasional reraise against a steal from an overagressive opponent. It was a huge leak. I have found that if I just call with small suited 1 and 2 gappers (sometimes 3 or more depending on the field) and an occasional 54o, 57o, and the obvious ones, this has been a profitible play for me because it is so easy to get away from but it pays off so handsomely when it hits and I can check raise a mid pair on the flop with a rag board and get the raiser to fold on the turn.

As a result, the blinds which were my least profitible positions are actually starting to turn around a bit.

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to get my HPFAP back out and reread the blinds section, but I just wasn't sure on the ace rag to mid late positon open raisers.

Thanks,
Kevin