PDA

View Full Version : How to get the max with the nuts in the big blind?

Kevin
03-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Party 3-6 hand. I thought I had the HH and was going to run it through bison's converter, but sent the wrong one, so I am going to try and recollect as best as I can.

Typical loose passive game. One guy overplaying big cards, 1 calling down a lot, the rest pretty standard and passive. I am in the big blind with Kc9c.

EP Passive guy limps mp call button raises (overplaying cards like KJo A10o etc.), I call the raise and proceed with caution.

Flop is a magical Ac 8c 3c. I bet out. Ep calls, mp drops, button just calls. turn is insignificant (no straight, doesn't pair the board, no club), I check with the intention of check raising. Ep checks, button bets. At this point, I get greedy for chips and just call as does EP. river is no help. I bet out, ep folds, button calls.

In retrospect, I think EP had a naked club (Q?) and might have called 2 cold. Button might have folded the river, but, then again he could have called down his A10 thinking I was making a play. Is this a no brainer check raise and take the chances on EP dropping?

I don't get the nuts often, but I was just wondering how to keep as many people in as possible and still extract the max.

Thanks for the input.
Kevin