PDA

View Full Version : A hilarious response from the good people at PartyPoker.com

ZeeJustin
03-14-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm not getting hand histories, and noticed an email from PartyPoker was in my spam folder. To see if this is why I wasn't getting hand histories, I sent this email to info@partypoker.com:

I believe that AOL may be blocking emails from info@partypoker.com as spam.
Please email me back with anything ( a blank email will do just fine) so I can test this theory out.

Here is the reply I got:

Subject: Thank you [#838526]
Date: 3/14/2004 8:45:13 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: zeejustin@aol.com

Dear Justin,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

It could be possible that AOL might be blocking the e-mails which are send from us. Please follow the procedure to receive e-mails from AOL.

1.Keyword box (Ctrl+K)

2.Type Emails Controls

3.Then on the window (menu box) select the option allow all emails to be delivered to this screen name.

4. Then click on Save.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Utkal
Customer Care Department

This response is rather humorous. Do you see why? First person to point out why gets a complementary warm handshake!

ZeeJustin
03-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Wow. I didn't do anything differently, but now I'm receiving hand histories again. I must have built up some good karma with this post!

DrSavage
03-14-2004, 10:29 PM
I wonder how you got it, wasn't it supposed to be considered spam too?

MicroBob
03-14-2004, 10:32 PM
my aol is already blocking e-mails from empire and ub....but not all of them.
for example, in an empire SNG i would get the e-mail that said 'congratulations' but i would not get the tournament summary or HH's.

they were not in my spam-folder, aol was blocking them before they got to me. i set up a yahoo account just for this.
i also am relying on the good folks here to notify me of ub-reloads as i am no longer getting any e-mails from them and haven't bothered changing my address with them.

my party e-mails were still coming through as of a couple of weeks ago.

i had a thread in late jan titled 'aol spam blockers' or something like that where i copied a conversation i had with one of the aol people on this.

will definately be leaving aol sometime in the near future. but i travel a bit still and it's convenient to have all of their phone numbers in all of the cities they cover.

GrannyMae
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Wow. I didn't do anything differently, but now I'm receiving hand histories again

when it is in your spam folder, and you click the "this is not spam" button, you will always get emails from that address in the future.

also, make sure that under your "block unwanted mail" controls, you click the button that designates "send spam to spam folder", and NOT "permanently delete"

the new spam filters are actually great at aol. they learn from you if they make a mistake. and as long as the sender itself has not been barred from sending mail through aol, all blocked mail will be in your spam folder.

i suspect you clicked the "this is not spam" button, and that's why you are now getting them. you have taught the blocker that this is mail you will always want delivered to your "new mail" tab.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/d/confuse.gif

James282
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Because if you weren't getting emails, the directions never would have gotten there /images/graemlins/blush.gif
-James

ZeeJustin
03-14-2004, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i suspect you clicked the "this is not spam" button, and that's why you are now getting them. you have taught the blocker that this is mail you will always want delivered to your "new mail" tab.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clicked that button last night at around 10PM, and haven't gotten hand histories until a couple hours ago. This was not the problem. Since I did get the email from Party, I am guessing the spam filters had nothing to do with my problem.

CrackerZack
03-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Outlook express and newer versions of outlook will automatically store people you send messages to, or reply to in your address book for future reference. AOL could be doing this too and when you emailed them, the got added to your address book, which stops all filtering.

or I could be talking out of my a$$, which from what I've read from astroglide, can be a messy problem.

AviD
03-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Utkal must be a decendent of the Einstein Dynasty...I'm certainly convinced!

I'd imagine their software development team isn't much better...

www.disappearingbuttons.com (http://www.disappearingbuttons.com)

Tachyon
03-15-2004, 02:17 AM
Actually this response is not as "humerous" as you would first beleive.

It is possible that automated emails are blocked as mass mailing spam - even though you get a reply from the same email address from their support people....

John

blackaces13
03-15-2004, 02:20 AM
Its funny cause the guys name was Utkal.

Huskiez
03-15-2004, 04:59 AM
It had better not be that he wrote "send from us", as you wrote at the end "complementary."

theBruiser500
03-15-2004, 06:34 AM
I don't think their email is funny.

ZManODS
03-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Its funny because they say

[ QUOTE ]
It could be possible that AOL might be blocking the e-mails which are send from us. Please follow the procedure to receive e-mails from AOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

They give you directions on how to stop AOL from blocking the emails, but you wouldnt get the advice if they were in the first place.

kiemo
03-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I thought the funny was ZeeJustin is using AOL.

RollaJ
03-15-2004, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the funny was ZeeJustin is using AOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

More stupid than funny, but I get your point