PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishin'

Al_Capone_Junior
03-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Was playing poker today.

Losing.

Starting to tilt.

Said FuK it.

Took the tractor out of the shed and drove it to the KOA where they sell beer. Bought some.

Got my rods and my tackle box and some ice.

Took the tractor to the fishin' hole.

Now truth be told, I drank more beers than I actually caught fish.

But I did catch fish. The sunnies were biting. But not the bass.

And I drank some beer.

And it was good.

And truth be told, I was only down $20 for the day anyway, so why the hell was I tilting?

Not sure.

But fishin' solves many problems.

al

morgant
03-14-2004, 10:28 PM
al, outside of ants, we share another common interest....fishing is the nuts!! even if they are sunnies /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Al_Capone_Junior
03-15-2004, 09:18 AM
My best days fishing are two - april in the gulf of mexico a year ago, anchored off the jetty in port-A, where we caught about 70 lbs of keepers between five people. The second one, the fresh water one, was catching over 50 sunnies and ten bass between me and my two bros before we ran out of beer. We chunk em' back in fresh water.

al

theBruiser500
03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
I once got a fishing hook stuck in my hair.

WalleyeJason
03-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Im another fellow fisherman...I like fish storys. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Morgant and I had a nice discussion about fishing last Thursday during the KOTZ.

I went fishing on Sat, we got 3 nice walleye, biggest was
7 1/2 lbs. Its that time of year, more fishing...less poker.
But, when we went out to dinner after fishing, the local resturant had opend a card room in the back. They had one poker table playing 4-8 holdem. After we ate I went to watch the game to see if it was any good. After seeing a whole two hands!!! I asked for a rack and sat down to play.

We avaraged 6 people seeing the flop, and rarley did anyone fold to a raise. People playing anything from any position. Raising/capping in EP with hands like 77 and 88. I was licking my chops with such a great anticipation.

But alas, the suckout monster struck me with mighty blow after blow and after 2 racks, I said uncle.

Flopped a set of Tens...Lost to a Runner Runner four flush on the board. (15BB pot)

I raised with AA IN EP, lost to 46off in SB when he riverd and 8 for the str8. (10-12bb pot)

Had A3d in BB when the board was Ac 4d 8d.
The turn was a Td I bet, got raised I re-rased and he called. The river was a Ts. I bet he raised, I called. Yep
Ah Tc

My Poker night was like the one that got away!!!

Oh well, next time!

WJ