PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays at Foxwoods

anduril
03-14-2004, 12:56 PM
anyone normally go to foxwoods on a saturday? I went this past saturday, got there at 1015am, 42 people ahead of me at 4/8, 65 people ahead of me at 5/10. there were over 100 names on the NFHE list. I waited til 230pm and still had 18 ahead of me at 4/8 and I got fed up and left. I'm prolly still on the list right now. What time do you go to Foxwoods in order to get a seat in the morning so that you have time to play and relax?

CrackerZack
03-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I usually get there around 9:30 if possible. I'm surprised you didn't get in when the swing shift arrived and they opened all the tables in the keyhole.

anduril
03-14-2004, 01:02 PM
whats the swing shift and where is the keyhole?

CrackerZack
03-14-2004, 03:48 PM
The "in-between" shift that I think arrives at noon. The keyhole area is the area past the non-smoking gaming with about 8 tables that is far from normal room.

cjx
03-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Not sure what happened this week, but I'll give you a run down of my experience this week and other weeks.

I arrived at about 9:15am and put myself on the 5-10 list (usually put myself on 4-8 and 5-10, but I have never gotten called first for 4-8 and prefer 5-10 anyway). I was around 20th on the list when I got my name on. So, 10am rolls around they open up 3 or 4 tables: 5-10 omaha, 4-8 hold'em, 10-20 hold'em, and a stud game I think. Fine... annoying, but I'm not too far up on the list. Well, 2 hours later and it's noon, the list has moved about 10 names on 5-10 in the 3 hours I've been there. The army of noon dealers comes in and they open tables like crazy, two 20-40 hold'em, a ton(at least 4) tables of stud ... and all the sudden every stud game has a list of 3-4 players, there is open seating on 20-40 hold'em and there is a list approaching 3 columns long (at least 60 names) of 5-10. Now, I'm getting a bit agitated. I usually come in around 11:30am and get seated before 1pm and am surprised about everyone complaining about waiting (I mean 1 hour stinks, but it's doable)

Finally, at ~12:30 they open up two 5-10 hold'em tables in the foyer and at some point (2pm maybe, do more dealers show up?) there were additional tables opened in the foyer of various limits and games.

I gotta say, I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if getting there later (around noon) and hoping to get into a newly opened table is a good idea because the list was at least 60 strong when they opened those tables, but at the same time I can't justify going at 9am in order to get onto one of those tables. I'm writing it off to an unusual day.. I know it's been packed at FW's, but I've never waited this long for a 5-10 ... btw, if you are going to play 2-4 I'd reccomend getting there 2 hours in advance, putting your name on the list, and going to get breakfast/lunch/dinner ... whatever because that list is always crazy long and they never get more tables (7 tables to start with I think).

cjx

ps Is it just me or whenever you get put onto a newly opened table does it usually seem like the players are a bit better than when you sit down to a regular table that's been churning players in a normal fashion?