PDA

View Full Version : What should you have done?

MrFroggyX
03-14-2004, 10:30 AM
I played a hand today that got me thinking.. Normaly i probably had called but after some serious attempt to cange my style off play (to be more thighter and don't overplay my hands) i diden't. But now im thinking i perhaps played to tight?

What do you think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

MP2 ($60.98)
MP3 ($21.75)
CO ($24)
Button ($23.50)
SB ($20.55)
BB ($22.80)
MrFroggyX ($31.85)
UTG+1 ($35.95)
MP1 ($25.40)

Preflop: MrFroggyX is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
MrFroggyX calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MrFroggyX bets $5, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO raises to $23.5 (All-In), SB folds, BB folds, MrFroggyX folds.

Final Pot: $31.50
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $13, won by CO.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $18.50, overbet by CO.</font>

My reason for folding was:

1. I overbet the pot and he went all-in. I guess he must really have a hand.

2. Perhaps a bigger set?

3. Or floped a straight?

But after my fold i wondered if he perhaps had two pairs? And thought I was on a flush or straight draw? Or he had the nut flush draw?

Anyway please vote here what you had done or leave a comment.

-Nic

GrinningBuddha
03-15-2004, 05:18 PM
You're getting paid 2-1 to call when you have every expectation of being ahead. I'm calling here a vast majority of the time.

At worst, you have an underset. Not very likely though. It'll happen infrequently enough to ignore, given the board. What's much more likely is a heart draw, a straight draw, a made straight, or two pair. If he's tilty enough, he might even do this with top pair to prevent you from drawing out on him. Joke's on him...

Your hand is good enough to call this. If it were a $200 all-in (i.e. deeper stacks), then I'd start to think twice...

cornell2005
03-15-2004, 05:34 PM
call everytime here. he can have a wide variety of hands (especially considering the type of table), and you are only a huge dog to a higher set. you even have outs if he made his straight.
you dont even ahve to be a winner 50 percent of the time here to call, and i think you will win like 80 percent or more here

lawsy
03-15-2004, 05:48 PM
i would find it very difficult to lay down a set here.
maybe i could in a live game if i knew the player as a tight non bluffing player but i suspect not.theres a good chance you had the best hand and you still have outs against the possible straight.

MrFroggyX
03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Ok.. that was what i figured.. And even if he was ahead it was only $18.5 more to call, nothing to die for!

Thx for your comments!

-Nic