PDA

View Full Version : Flopped straight, should I have slowplayed??

krazyace5
03-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Usually when I flop a hand like this I find a way to lose it, so I wanted to take it down right away. Right play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

MP1 ($99.42)
MP2 ($26.55)
CO ($21.25)
Button ($29.10)
SB ($23.58)
BB ($19)
Hero ($90.80)
UTG+1 ($78.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises to $1, MP2 calls $1, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.75) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 bets $3.6, MP2 calls $3.60, Hero raises to $15, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $25.95

BigBiceps
03-15-2004, 01:06 PM
It is a rainbow flop. I would raise but not so much, maybe make it $8 or $9 total, to win more money.

cornell2005
03-15-2004, 01:14 PM
yes you have the nut straight anyways
they are in front of you, so i would just call the flop and let them keep betting into you with their A. then when you have them a bit pot committed then raise and make it look like a steal or a weak play.
theres lots of cards he will come out betting with on flop and turn, but there arnt alot of cards he can call such a big raise like that with

Zag
03-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Usually when I flop a hand like this I find a way to lose it, so I wanted to take it down right away.

Well, you did, so you should be happy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif However, a few comments:

What are you doing playing baby suited connectors UTG? The most likely good outcome with suited connectors is that you flop a decent draw. Do you really want to be drawing without position? The only rationalization for playing them is if the table is so loose-passive that the only preflop raise you've seen was by you, and yet there are several people who will call all in with bottom pair.

Assuming this is the case, then you might as well bet out with your straight, because you are expecting one or two callers. Since you didn't get any callers, either the usual suspects just had total garbage, or you didn't really have the justification for your preflop call.