PDA

View Full Version : A typical hand at Paradise $50 NL table & 1 question about stacks

Gomez22
03-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Paradise $.50 BB NLHE - 10 handed

UTG($42.75) - Likes all connectors and suits
MP1($61.75) - Likes all cards, period
MP2($28.50) - Calls every hand to at least the turn
CO($61.25) - Little weak, but otherwise average
Button($37.75) - One of the biggest fish and bluffers I've ever seen - has rebought for $50 max once already.
SB(ME - $49.50) - Just rebought for $50 after having flopped set of jacks busted by runner flush

I'm SB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG calls the BB of $.50, MP1 raises to $1.00, MP2 calls, CO calls, button calls, I raise to $3.00, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, button calls.

FLOP($14.00): K /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet $11.00, MP1 folds, button calls.

TURN($36.00): 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $15.00, button pushes all-in($23.50), I call.

RIVER($83.00): 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Button had 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

To be honest, I see this type of play at Paradise about once every one and a half to 2 orbits by players. I had a guy push in on me with bottom pair( a 9 with a 2 kicker) after I raised PF and flopped top set earlier today. I can't believe the amount of attempted deceit that goes on at this site. I see it other places, also, but at Paradise, I would estimate that it happens at least 3 times as often as Party & UB put together. Unreal....

Only downfall to this, is just like in low limit games, you usually have to have the nuts(or close to it) to win a pot.

OK - 1 question... how do you play when the stacks are like this? We have a $36 pot on the turn card, and he has about 2/3 of that, while I have him covered. Should I have pushed myself leading the turn, or should I have played it the way I did? My stack was roughly pot-size on the turn, and I made my bet about 65% of button's remaining stack(is that ever appropriate to do, or should you always go by pot size?). If I didn't know that button was a fool, then I may have worried on the turn, but I felt he was on a draw or a lower pair - he would have strung for the river if he had a 7. That's just the way he plays.

gavrilo
03-14-2004, 03:26 AM
I would set him in on the turn with your hand here on this board because you don't have the nuts, you had top pair on a paired board with two flush draws now.

I could see betting less say if you had KK here to milk the pot against someone who you think would fold to a larger bet.

EDIT: Even then he only has 2/3 of the pot left in his stack, so an all-in here if you did have KK would be fine anyway.