PDA

View Full Version : How was this played?

jedi
03-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Seat 0 is at seat 0 with $20.75.
Seat 1 is at seat 1 with $46.45.
SB is at seat 2 with $56.20.
BB is at seat 3 with $26.75.
Seat 4 is at seat 4 with $15.25.
Seat 5 is at seat 5 with $22.45.
Seat 6 is at seat 6 with $14.80.
Seat 7 is at seat 7 with $40.
Player A is at seat 8 with $50.
Player B is at seat 9 with $39.35.
The button is at seat 1.

SB posts the small blind of $.25.
BB posts the big blind of $.50.

Pre-flop:

Folded to Seat 7 who calls. Player A calls.
Player B raises to $2.50. Folded back to Seat 7 who calls, and Player A calls.

Flop (board: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif):

Seat 7 checks. Player A bets $4.50.
Player B calls. Seat 7 folds.

Turn (board: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif):

Player A checks. Player B bets $3.50.
Player A raises to $27.75. Player B goes all-in
for $32.35. Player A calls.

River (board: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:
<font color="white">
Player B shows K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Player B has K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif: full house, aces full of kings.
Player A shows 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Player A has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif: four aces.

My thoughts: I was Player A, and was berated by Player B for calling the $2.50 raise preflop with just A4. My reasoning, there are 2 other people in the pot, I'm closing the action, and I can get away from the flop if it's not any good. The hand I feared most was AK on the flop, and if he had re-raised me, I might have been faced with a tougher decision. However, he only called and when the turn card came, I knew I had the nuts.

So questions really are: How was my pre-flop call? How did Player B play those Kings?</font>

jedi
03-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Bump. I've been thinking about this hand a little more, and I really don't like the way Player B played this. I put in 2.50 pre-flop with the worst hand, but he put in over $35 post-flop when he had the worst of it. What the heck did he put me on, betting into the raiser, and re-raising him? I still don't know about my pre-flop call, so that's really why I'm asking.

Daann
03-14-2004, 10:50 PM
If I was looking at it from player B's view then he could think that your flop bet is a bluff and so he calls you down to see what you do on the turn. He would probably expect you to check raise him with trips or check call, then bet/check raise him on the turn... Obviously this depends on your image.

Onto the turn, he bet $3.5 into a $22.5 pot. He's got the second nuts and he was probably trying to get you to call him down or make a play at him with a worse hand, if you read his tiny bet for a steal.

Now you pot raise him back. In his mind, its all going to plan. He's probably put you on a lower pocket pair now and so he goes allin. In the heat of the moment, the idea of you having the case ace has been pushed out of him mind.

The call is ok, its only 6% of his stack (and of seat 7's for that matter) and your relative position to him is good for trapping seat 7.