PDA

View Full Version : Smoothcall with any two

1800GAMBLER
03-13-2004, 04:00 PM
After the new pokertracker patch of advanced exporting notes i'm messing around with my play.

Aggressive player (raises 10% of hands preflop), VPIP of 15%. Open raises in MP for 3x blinds and i smoothcall with A5s in LP after it's folded to me.

Comments? Thoughts about raising blind?

Acesover8s
03-13-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After the new pokertracker patch of advanced exporting notes i'm messing around with my play.

Aggressive player (raises 10% of hands preflop), VPIP of 15%. Open raises in MP for 3x blinds and i smoothcall with A5s in LP after it's folded to me.

Comments? Thoughts about raising blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments first. I don't mind your call as long as neither of you are shortstacked. But isn't this very similar to a situation where you advised Limon to not call with Ax against a probable AK? Or are you defining this situation as different because he probably maybe doesn't have an Ace?

Are you going to fold if the flop comes AK9 and he fires strong? Do you know your man well enough to do this? Raising blind I think is bad since your hand isn't that much stronger than a random any two. Does your man respect a reraise, or is he apt to put it in with JK? Are you going to call if he does? More recently I'm leading to the school of "let em in and let them play bad postflop."

On to the questions:

1) Explain the advanced exporting of notes, I dig around and see no way to pick what stats I want to export.

2) What is VPIP (Volume Put in Pot?) and how does it help me define my opponent?

3) Is your goal to outplay your opponents or win the most amount of money?

1800GAMBLER
03-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Hey.

It's the new patch that you should have been emailed about. Under Export Player Notes it now has an advanced tab when you add the patch.

VPIP is voluntarily put money in the pot. Hence he plays pretty tight.

I was just playing with the hand, i don't have goals to outplay anyone only make money.

I can't remember the limon situation and with the depth of money in limon's game i was probably wrong to tell him not to call with a dominated hand, or just assumed he'd lose money when he was still dominated and wasn't just playing the hand for the sole reason of reserve domination.

I think reraising would be good considering how tight this player plays.

Him having such a large range of raising hands my thoughts were to checkraise/raise any flop since it could be any pocket pair or any boardway cards, so on this note i don't know which flops i like or hate.

The play if it is profitable this way isn't going to be hugely profitable but it will have a big variance. I think reraising blind will be the best option.

Redmen62
03-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Just got the new patch. Holy crap, this thing is going to be huge for my play. At my first table I sat down at, I had notes waiting for me on 4 of 10 players- the ones I tend to need to watch out for.

For Jay! and anyone else using this feature, what stats have you chosen for your notes? Trying out a couple formats to see which I find most useful. My initial setup has: Total Hands/VP$IP/PFR then Total $won/Total aggression factor.

I'm a little leery about using total agg. as a stat, since I think its value for NL games is somewhat questionable.

What setup are others going with?

theBruiser500
03-14-2004, 04:07 AM
There's one stat "gone to a showdown", this one looks important. In this hand of yours Jay! if they are the type that doesn't come into a pot often but than overplays their hand when they do (gone to a showdown percentage would help here) your raise was bad but if their percentage is also small for that then your play looks better. Does this make sense? I haven't put this into practice yet.

danny