PDA

View Full Version : Did I trap myself?

Poker Jon
03-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey All,

1 table Stars SNG. 6 players left blinds 75/150. I havie been playing very tight and aggresive(played 4 of 36 hands so far) and have T2500. I have a very tight image at the table and when I raise, people have been folding.

Hand in question, big stack has T4500 and BB has T1000. I am on the button and pick up black aces. Chip leader min raises UTG and I flat call (if I re-raise I am pretty sure he will fold - so flat call and try and trap). BB busts my plan and goes all in for T1000. Chip leader thinks for a bit and calls and I re-raise all in for the rest of my chips. I flip, AA, BB flips QQ and chip leader flips 55. 5 hits the flop and be both bow out.

Questio. Should I have re-raised pre flop with my tight image or was I right to try and get value for my aces seeing as you may only get them once in a SNG.

What would you do?

Cheers in advance

Jon

jwvdcw
03-13-2004, 03:31 PM
You played it fine imo...it boils down to this..would you rather go heads up against Qs for his small stack, or would you rather go against Qs and 5s for the chance to more than double up/ Peronally, I'd go with the more than doubling up, even though its a little risky.

William
03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I have a very tight image at the table and when I raise, people have been folding

Should I have re-raised pre flop with my tight image

Are you the same Poker Jon that plays the 2+2 SNGs? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please stop pulling my leg /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Poker Jon
03-14-2004, 09:27 AM
William,

The very same one!

You have to adapt for every given situation!! Sometimes I play loose sometimes I play tight - depends on the table. You should know that more than anyone /images/graemlins/cool.gif

On this particular table I had a tight image. If I have a loose image at the table (in this circumstance) I raise all in without hesitation.

Unfortunately I tried to milk and got curdled instead /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You play it any different in the circumstances William?

Cheers

Jon