PDA

View Full Version : Golf in Vegas

02-18-2002, 04:08 AM
I'll be in Vegas next week for golf and poker. I've got a tee time at the Desert Inn on Monday. In the past I've played at LV Pauite, Angel Park, and LV National. What other courses are worth playing or are a decent value?

Also, has anyone ever used Next Day Golf? (http://www.parteegolf.com/vegas/discount.html) I used a service like this in Florida and it worked great. I'd like to make sure they are legit before giving them my credit card.

02-18-2002, 02:07 PM
I have not used Next day Golf or that company. But I wish I did last year. I booked ahead at PGA West because I wanted to make sure I got to play. If I took my chances with Next Day Golf I would have saved more than $100. I visited my parents in Palm Springs, and it seemed like the service was established. I met a guy who used them and liked it and saw their ads and stuff. I can't vouch for them, but I bookmarked their site and might use it the next time I am going to Palm Springs or Las Vegas.

I don't play much golf in Las Vegas because I don't think its a great value and have other stuff to do when I'm there. I looked on the website you mentioned and saw Black Mountain listed. They are cheaper than the others and I would think you can get a deal from Next Day. I played there very cheaply one time one summer when I was working in Las Vegas. It is nothing spectacular but is OK and might be a very good deal.

And what the hell, its just a credit card number. If they rip you off have the card company fight it out with them. /images/smile.gif

02-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Try the Badlands.I'm a relatively new golfer so, while I'm probably easily impressed, it seemed terrific to me. Each hole is an entity unto itself, with desert waiting to claim even slightly errant shots. Everything about the operation seemed first rate.