PDA

View Full Version : KK: let go sooner? Hold on? Play differently? You be the judge.

MrBlini
03-13-2004, 02:23 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

BB is loose passive.
UTG+1 is loose aggressive.
MP1 is solid.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, Hero 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 caps, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (20.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, BB raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 25.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 25.16 BB, between UTG+1, MP1 and BB.</font>

Results to follow.

Alobar
03-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I would have raised the turn

WDC
03-13-2004, 11:09 AM
I think that your fold on the river is correct.

I think that I would have raised the turn. I don't think you are going to get any bare aces or draws to go away but it does look as if you are ahead. If BB three bets you probably need to let go there.

Jeffage
03-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Raise the turn and see what this guy has. You could very well be ahead and you can make the others pay to stay with you two (you would much rather it be head up so fewer river cards kill you if you're ahead).

Jeff

MrBlini
03-14-2004, 07:35 PM
I was behind from flop to finish:

BB shows As 5s (two pair, aces and fives).
UTG+1 shows 7h 5h (two pair, sevens and fives).
MP1 shows Ad Kd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 25.16 BB.

I agree with you all that I should have raised the turn. I'd probably have gotten reraised, though--what to do then? A fold to a LAG would have been bad. I guess I'd still have to call it down.