PDA

View Full Version : A trouble hand with weak limpers to my right and a 2+2er to my left

sfer
03-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Actually there were 3 2+2ers to my left. I know, I know, game selection.

Several questions. One, raise preflop? I thought I could buy the button with tight players behind me. Two, overaggressive on the flop? Three, fold the turn? One more question at the bottom.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 7d 4d (one pair, fours).
MP3 shows 3d Ad (two pair, aces and threes).
Button shows As Js (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Button wins 22.25 BB. </font>

Last question. Should the villain have raised PF?

sthief09
03-12-2004, 11:57 PM
I would be the button on this one, tilting after losing a big pot. It's a good thing I didn't lose. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bdk3clash
03-13-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually there were 3 2+2ers to my left. I know, I know, game selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at this table. Briefly. Blecch.

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PF raise is good from a "how much pot equity do I have vs. typical Party loons" standpoint, but when a 2+2ers three-bets so many limpers and a raise from a 2+2er, I'm putting him on a hand that is ahead of KJo. Nevertheless, calling is right.

In short, PF looks about right.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (14.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your play up until your 3-bet. When the Button raises, that's his signal to you that he can probably beat TPKK. I'm just calling his raise here.

He might might might be pumping a flush draw for value, but that's stretching it. For his play to make sense, I could only see him having A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Other than those raising hands, he's got you beat on the flop methinks.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (15.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the pot size, I agree with calling.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (19.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really, really don't like this laydown. The pot is laying you almost 22:1 to call here, closing the action. Call and lose.

See The Fur Coat Dilemma (http://slicer.headsupclub.com:3455/16/31).

[ QUOTE ]
Last question. Should the villain have raised PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the range of hands he would assume a typical 2+2er would raise with in your position, it's close, but I would probably say no.

sfer
03-13-2004, 02:11 AM
I just couldn't overcall with two (!) callers in front of me and the Ace on the river, which, at this table, was likely to have helped someone including, but not limited to, the Button.

Give me a blank on the river and I probably overcall one other player to see a showdown 3 ways. With the Ace, the Button betting again into a field, and no one folding the river I muck.

What was that brown trout thing you said when you joined? How's that table for a lesson in average pot size being weakly correlated to softness?

Trix
03-13-2004, 04:38 AM
I muck this preflop, for me KJo is a "steal hand".
IŽll raise it in CO-1 after 1-2 bad limpers.

When button raises your flop bet, I would rather just call and bet into him again on the turn if a blank falls.