PDA

View Full Version : TT with one overcard on flop

theBruiser500
03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
$2/$4 PLHE on PP, me and my opponents have $200, I have TT on the button a few limpers I raise to $28. The SB calls (he is very loose preflop) and the CO calls too. Flop comes Q 7 2, rainbow. Should I bet it here or check and await further developments?

danny

SpaceAce
03-12-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$2/$4 PLHE on PP, me and my opponents have $200, I have TT on the button a few limpers I raise to $28. The SB calls (he is very loose preflop) and the CO calls too. Flop comes Q 7 2, rainbow. Should I bet it here or check and await further developments?

danny

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if your opponents are even half-way decent you're basically giving away the pot if you check. You're inviting someone to bet you out with no Queen and if no one has the Queen and no one tries to buy the pot, you're likely to see something you don't like on the turn.

I haven't played in the Party $2/$4 pot limit games but unless they are lightyears distant from the $1/$2 games, I bet.

SpaceAce

kerpowski
03-12-2004, 12:38 PM
You're on the button, you raised preflop and I'm assuming it was checked to you. I'd bet the pot here, fold if check-raised and check/fold if called.

My question is why are you betting pot with TT preflop here? You'll get a set 12% of the time. You will get an overpair a whopping 25% of the time. You aren't happy going to the felt a good portion of the time you have an overpair. TT just isn't strong enough on it's own to raise it into a big field preflop.

With that many limpers I'd probably overlimp and jam the pot if I hit my set. With 50xBB stacks and that much in the pot already, you should be able to get them all-in if they have any sort of hand.

theBruiser500
03-13-2004, 05:31 AM
Normally I'll be this flop, this time I didn't for some reason. In the future I'll raise less with TT in this position per your advice Kerpowski. So in the game I checked, the next card was a king, the SB led out $10 and the CO called I folded. Next card was a rag, SB bet $20 and the CO called. The SB had A8 (for ace high) and the CO had K6 (it was suited though).

danny

SaintAces
03-13-2004, 01:42 PM