PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ads about satellite radio

bernie
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
It seems the day (earlier this week) Howard Stern really considered moving to satellite radio, the very next ads on the radio (locally) were the anti-satellite radio ads. Lots of 'em. Seems the local radio stations may at least be taking Howard serious about creating an alternate forum and crushing radio as it is today.

The ads are kinda comical as just how much they are trying to smear satellite radio. Kinda interesting.

b

MaxPower
03-12-2004, 11:35 AM
I wish they would focus their attention on protecting their freedom of speech and blocking the legislation that is going through congress right now.

HDPM
03-12-2004, 11:53 AM
What do the anti-satellite ads say? I have never heard one. Maybe because I never listen to regular radio anymore after getting satellite radio. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

scotnt73
03-12-2004, 11:53 AM
my daughter has satelite radio and what bothers me is they say no commercials on tv yet it seemed to me that half(give or take) the stations did have commercials when i borrowed it. that would be the main reason id even consider PAYING monthy for just radio unless i was a truck driver or some other profession that lived in a vehicle.

HDPM
03-12-2004, 11:55 AM
All Xm music stations are now commercial free. The talk and news stations have some ads. Sometimes they have to put filler stuff in since the programs air on regular radio too. I have XM so I don't know about Sirius. I just know satellite radio rules.

scotnt73
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
thats good to know thanks. what are the differences between the 2?

bernie
03-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Actually, i can see why the local radio is trying to protect their interest. The listeners are the ones who should be standing up to congress and raising a fuss. What incentive do the 'jocks' have if no one really seems to care enough to do anything. Call/write your congressman/senator. It's a start.

b

b

bernie
03-12-2004, 09:30 PM
They really lay it on about the language. Especially if 'kids' are in the car. With various scenarios.

Also a quick blurb about the unreliability, then more about people dropping 'F' bombs. How it's tasteless radio. You get the picture.

I just thought the timing of it was kind of ironic. Now they're on every day during Howard's show here in seattle.

b