PDA

View Full Version : QQ set, slowplay?

threei
03-12-2004, 10:39 AM
$10 +1 sng, QQ in LP, blinds 50-100 stack size t2400
Two limpers, EP stack about same size he is aggressive, raising with some marginal hands pf like A8 off, not as aggressive after flop. Seen him make some bad calls: called an EP raise with 55, after a checked flop called a huge bet from original EP raiser on turn(who had AK and missed) but lost pot to third player. MP limper has small stack around t1300. He is not good, plays crap, calls when he catches small part of flop.
I raise in LP with QQ, make it 300 to go, blinds fold, both limpers call. Flop comes Qs Js X, I think about slow playing here, but decide the pot is big enough to take down right here and bet 700 and they both fold. Do you slow play this and if so how much do you bet on the flop if anything.

prairieboy
03-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Don't slowplay, bet the pot.

If it was Q72r then go ahead and slowplay, but with this board, it's too risky to give a free/cheap card.

GoSox
03-12-2004, 01:15 PM
You played it right. If you're shortstack and really need to catchup I would risk the slowplay. But the chip position you're in you want to win it outright at this point w/o taking unnecessary risk.

NotMitch
03-12-2004, 01:47 PM
As long as you are betting the pot on the flop with other hands in this spot you played it fine.

threei
03-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I thought I played it right. The only reason I thought about a slow play is that both these guys are bad players and I might have been able to extract some chips with one of them hitting as little as third pair on the turn if I checked the flop. I wouldn't have been surprised to see them holding Ax or 9,6s or other such trash. BTW, the blinds were only 25-50, my raise after two limpers was 6x bb which they both called with marginal holdings at best.