PDA

View Full Version : HU with TPTK

Rico Suave
03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
This is fairly early in my session and so I unfortunately have no good read on my opponent. (I was also helping take care of my sick child, so that does not help with my reads either /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, with the intention of calling a bet.

--Rico

Homer
03-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Usually, I'll three-bet the flop and keep control in these situations. If the board has less draws and I can reliably put my opponent on a hand that I have dominated, then I risk calling the flop and check-raising the turn. When the third flush card comes on the turn, I'd bet out instead of following through with a check-raise. I don't want to give my opponent a chance to check behind with a worse hand, nor do I want my check-raise to be three-bet (I wouldn't mind that so much if I could reliably fold to the three-bet, but with the Qd, I think you have to see the river card). Basically, I want either 1 or 2 bets to go into the pot, not 2 or 3. On the river, I agree with check-calling.

-- Homer