PDA

View Full Version : Who plays poker 7AM-10AM eastern?

Uglyowl
03-12-2004, 08:49 AM
I now have the opportunity to play poker during these hours. I was just wondering what type of players play at these hours? I am wondering if it would be a tough game? Right now I can only think pros play during these hours as most normal people are sleeping or working.

HavanaBanana
03-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Poker is a world wide game, and the reason that games might be in average harder to beat at odd times is more that there a fewer games to chose from.
However some games can be VERY profitable at odd times, drinking, drugs and general tiredness gets its victims.

Normal people? thought we were talking about pokerplayers.?

UTGunner
03-12-2004, 09:06 AM
I have found morning games tougher in general, but if you have to do it at a certain time, you can find a good game any time of day with a little effort.

krazyace5
03-12-2004, 09:16 AM
I play during this time.

If it is true that it is tougher in the morning, once you get some experience you should do great in the afternoon.

UTGunner
03-12-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play during this time.

If it is true that it is tougher in the morning, once you get some experience you should do great in the afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. At my level of play, I still need some extra dead money in the pot to boost my profits. How do you exploit the tougher games?

krazyace5
03-12-2004, 09:30 AM
I play .50/1.00 limit games and just play ABC poker, works so far.

TheNutz
03-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Havanah hit the nail on the head.. I cleared 1400 in profit tonight, wanted to boost the level of HU play, even though I was drunk....

I ended up playing 8 - 9 EST ... 3 HU games 200 + 10 at Paradise.. Won 1 lost two... dropped $230.00

To be honest I did it not so much to test my ability, but rather have fun and remember the days when I made 40K a week...

You also have compusling gambling addicts, drunks gettinghome from a long night where things didn't work out that night (they didn't get laid), and a thousand other people who are not playing at their optimul performance.

I have honestly found when I wake up at 4:00 AM (sober) because it is my turn to deal with my daughter, my sucess in playing poker up until about 10:00 - 10:45 EST is phenomeal, I can't relate it to ANY other HOURS of the day..

Also weekends... after 5:00 EST ... starting a slow dribble in at 4:00, I deal with drunk drugged up players all the time. I always act as if I am drunk during these peiods of time even if I'm not (which after the trny tonight yeh I slammed a few lol) they will believe anything.. take their money and run... Such as what was done to me tonight.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stripsqueez
03-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Australians

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Frozen
03-12-2004, 01:12 PM
"To be honest I did it not so much to test my ability, but rather have fun and remember the days when I made 40K a week... "

How did you used to make 40K/week?

jtc
03-12-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have honestly found when I wake up at 4:00 AM (sober) because it is my turn to deal with my daughter, my sucess in playing poker up until about 10:00 - 10:45 EST is phenomeal, I can't relate it to ANY other HOURS of the day..

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with this, I play often before noon EST, and the games are much looser than the evening games.

MrFroggyX
03-12-2004, 03:14 PM
7AM-10AM EST = 1PM-4PM GMT+1
Europeans without a job and proffesionals internet poker players?

TheNutz
03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Frozen, An internet businbess I used to have...