PDA

View Full Version : Ax SOOTED

theBruiser500
03-12-2004, 01:10 AM
How many people here play Ax suited, how do you play it? When I look at Axs I see ace rag which I hate playing so I just stayed away from it, but perhaps it's something I should start playing.

Limp with it in early position, then if someone raises shoudl I call or fold? Should I raise it myself in LP with limpers? What is the probability that I'm going to hit a flush draw with this hand?

All comments about Axs appreciated.

danny

kerpowski
03-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Bruiser,

1) Don't limp with this in early position. It's a drawing hand, you only want to play it in late position.

2) Overcall in LP and only after at least 2-3 limpers.

3) It's 120:1 that you flop the flush and 8:1 that you flop a four flush. That's why you need the limpers and why you don't want to chase them off with a raise.

limon
03-12-2004, 01:26 AM
check out it's "to the felt" odds...i think you'll be very happy playing it from any position and against a raise.

theBruiser500
03-12-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
check out it's "to the felt" odds...i think you'll be very happy playing it from any position and against a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

Acesover8s
03-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Generally, I fold it in early position and call with it in LP. I will call in MP if there are already some limpers. And I will play it from any position if there are players who will go broke with AJ/AQ/AK on an A75 flop when I have A7 or A5.

kerpowski
03-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Limon,

Does this mean that you would open-limp in any position with these hands? Is that dependant on table texture and how deep the money is? You play with a lot deeper money than most of us, I'm wondering the extent to which this applies to 100xBB stacks.

Thanks.

kerpowski
03-12-2004, 01:40 AM
I think he means the percentage of times you'll be ahead in pots where all the money goes in the middle (basically 100% of the time if the board isn't paired).

Ulysses
03-12-2004, 04:53 AM
I try my best to see a flop w/ Ax sooted. I then try to get to the stone cold nuts as cheaply as possible. I then try to get all of the money in the middle.

Absolution
03-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Like most drawing hands I tend to play it more against weaker opponents. Anybody with a real hand and some knowhow will probably push you off the draw if you have 4 on the flop so you either have to have someone else looking for free cards, or someone maybe slowplaying you.

I'd agree with those saying limp in late if you can, otherwise generally avoid it unless your table is weak-loose.

theBruiser500
03-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Couple more questions...

Do you ever raise preflop with Ax suited?

How about Kx suited?

1800GAMBLER
03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
This is one hand were depth of money matters more than anything else. In limon's game you could happily call a raise with this hand for the reserve domination of the hand. Online (if the sites don't cheat you into being bust) you'll go broke calling raises with this hand.

In 50BB/100BB aggressive games it gets mucked EP.

In 100BB passive preflop games it gets played.

It usually always gets played in MP after 2 limpers.

scotnt73
03-12-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Couple more questions...

Do you ever raise preflop with Ax suited?

How about Kx suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

you want as many limpers as possible so you should never raise Ax unless you are blind stealing in very late position or its folded to you on the sb.

kxs is complete garbage that i only play in the blinds with no raises in front of me.

Matt Flynn
03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
if stacks are deep limp from any position and can call a raise. if stacks shallow and a lot of raising fold out of position. if they won't call your flush down to the felt with a lesser flush most of the equity is lost but remember you can flop two pair vs. a big ace and make good money too. if a tournament and stacks get medium get out danger will robinson. that was moneymaker's repeated preflop error in his otherwise good game.

kxs is a piece of crap unless your opponents are crazy enough to go to the felt with any flush.

matt

limon
03-12-2004, 01:08 PM
well, im talking about a real big bet game not some capped buy shiat. if your gonna go hunting with this hand you want your opponent to have at least 100x the BB. but it goes farther than that he has to have the ability to lose that money as well. people always say i called him w/ x because my implied odds were so good. what they didnt take into acccount is that their implied odds were 0 becuase that guy wasnt going to go broke with a second best hand but if he got on top of you he was going to break you.