PDA

View Full Version : Medium Pair in the Small Blind

colgin
03-11-2004, 09:41 PM
UB $3/6. I am in the SB with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folded to me and I raise; BB calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet and BB calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[6 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I bet and BB calls.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif[K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

I check, BB bets and I call.

All comments appreciated.

Colgin

Nate tha' Great
03-11-2004, 10:15 PM
That's fine. There isn't any other way that I can see to play it. BB is annoying, isn't he?

N4CER1
03-12-2004, 02:13 AM
I would have never raise pre-flop...see the flop cheap and if you flop a set (1 in 8.5 times) put the heat on....If I do not flop a set.....just muck them...there is another hand in just a minute...You were after the flop just trying to run people out in a low limit game...very tough to do...

balkii
03-12-2004, 04:49 AM
N4cer1,

Why would you want to fold 77 heads-up vs a random hand(big blind)? He is getting almost even money(4:5) on just stealing before the flop. Add in the fact that he has the best hand right now, and probably will on the flop, plus the times he outflops his opponent, and this is an easy, easy PF raise.

After the flop hes gotta keep betting cause he probably has the best hand.

colgin
03-12-2004, 09:45 AM
N4CER1,

On UB at the $3/6 level you see a fair amount of blind stealing, much more than on say Party I am sure. However, when it is folded to me in the SB I see this as a value bet since I am likely to have the best hand versus the BB here. If there had been several limpers before me, then I might just complete, although I might raise if it were a total limpfest.

All the best.

Colgin

colgin
03-12-2004, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is annoying, isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is. BB should respect my authoritahh and just fold.

colgin
03-12-2004, 09:50 AM
BB has J /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

My thought here was that I should fire away on the turn, even with the overcards (which were inevitable anyway), but on the river check and call as a worse hand would probably not call a bet but might bluff at the pot if I checked.

Luke
03-12-2004, 10:01 AM
I'd play it the same on every street. Induce the bluff on the river. Nice job.

Luke

sfer
03-12-2004, 11:43 AM
This is an easy raise before the flop and bet on the flop and neither are bluffs. Colgin probably has the best hand.

MRBAA
03-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Routine -- often you'll be shown a crap queen, a king or even a 3 in that situation and lose but you win often enough against missed draws or outright bluffs to call. The rest of the hand seems routine -- as you note, raising 77 preflop is a value bet and you have no reason to think your hand isn't still good on the flop. Once the king comes on the turn, you'd have to consider folding to a raise. That's where your opponent could have taken his shot, while he was still drawing live, but of course for all he knows you have KQ and will raise him back. That's another good thing about raising preflop

2000Flushes
03-12-2004, 01:28 PM
N4CER1 - you're sounding very weak-tight here. Heads up with a pp and you want to give your opponent a free flop?

Poster played this hand perfectly