PDA

View Full Version : AJs on the Button

Brian
03-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Party 5/10. Table is loose and moderately aggressive. I am dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the Button. It is folded to a LP player (one to the right of the CO) who raises. He is relatively new to the table but seems rather aggressive. I also deemed him as loose as he called a raise from the SB first in when I raised UTG. The CO, who has a blind posted, calls. I cold-call. SB, your typical loose goose, calls, and the BB folds. 4 to the Flop, 9sb.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, LP bets, CO calls, I call, SB calls. 4 to the Turn, 13sb (6.5bb).

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, LP bets, CO folds, I call, SB calls. 3 to the River, 9.5bb.

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, LP bets, I call, SB folds. Results later.

-Brian

Yeknom58
03-11-2004, 08:41 PM
The LP player is opening for a raise in LP so he could be raising with a pretty wide range of hands. The CO is saying to himself...hey I just posted why not call a raise in the CO. This sounds like a pretty good situation for AJs. I'm thinking 3-bet preflop so you can get the pot 3 handed. Also if the flop comes Kxx or Qxx or even xxx maybe you can steal on the flop for a single bet. How can they call a bet on the flop from a Tight player who 3-bet preflop.

Post flop your line of play seems pretty good. I assume you're doing the way ahead/way behind play. I'm thinking your way ahead, but I still think I would have raised the turn. If the LP/SB have AX I think they'll pay you off. If they're calling with some kind of straigt draw/small PP they might call on the turn but not the river, assuming they miss. Also if you win it right there I'd be pretty happy.

Dynasty
03-11-2004, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is folded to a LP player who raises...I cold-call.

Flop: LP bets...I call

Turn: LP bets...I call

River: LP bets...I call

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the cards really important in figuring out whether or not you played this hand well?

el_grande
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Why in the world didn't you raise the flop with top pair, a gutshot broadway draw, and a backdoor royal draw?

Brian
03-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Hi Dynasty,

I am normally not this passive, but I thought that this was a situation where just calling down was the correct choice. I guess it wasn't.

-Brian

Brian
03-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi el_grande,

I did not raise the Flop because I figured I was either way ahead of KK or JJ or KQ, or way behind AQ or QQ or TT. However, this logic usually only applies when heads-up, and I think that since the pot was large and multi-way, it was important for me to raise to protect my hand.

-Brian

Clarkmeister
03-12-2004, 12:22 AM
3-bet preflop.

Barry
03-12-2004, 02:06 AM
3-bet PF and bet/raise the flop.