PDA

View Full Version : Post Bubble hands

Pat Southern
03-11-2004, 06:27 PM
I decided to make a run at the $150+12 Super Wednesday Structured Tournament last night, my previous experience had been limited to the 20+2 and the 30+3. I think I played pretty well before the bubble, but I can't help but think I could have done better than 51st (not much of a payout, 3X the buy-in).
First hand: My stack is around 8K. Blinds are 300/600.
I have A 10o in MP. Folded to me. I raise (a lot of times raises have won blinds or at least gotten heads up against a blind). Button calls.
Flop is rags. He checks, I bet, he calls.
Turn pairs the top card. I bet, he raises all in (about 1/2 a big bet). I call thinking he's trying to bluff me off my hand.
Turns over QJ, catches J on the river. Obviously the results say the call is right, but is it even worth calling here with A 10? My reasoning was he was desperate with his last chips, and I had reasonable pot odds to call.

2nd Hand: My stack is around 6K now. Blinds are 400/800 now.
I get pocket 7s in UTG+1. UTG calls. I raise. MP reraises. UTG calls, I call.
Flop is J66. I check then fold.
Should I even have called pre flop with the UTG limper? I called the reraise just based on pot odds of hitting my set (getting 9.5-1 on my call). But was it worth dumping 800 more of my chips? I folded because I was 2 people away from going up another level in payout.

3rd hand. I'm pretty much crippled in chips, just looking to last to higher payout levels.
I get J10s in LP. Raised by UTG. Called by 3 people before it gets to me. A call would have put me all in. I fold, but I think calling might have been the best option, since J10s is a great multi-way hand, and its probably my only chance of still making a run at high money. I would have made the straight, so its possible I'm just being results-orineted. Any help would be appreciated.