PDA

View Full Version : Some now hands to look over

Pitcher
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Hi All,

I am just looking for feedback on these hands.

Hand #1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed)

SB (t2095)
Hero (t955)
UTG (t2680)
UTG+1 (t690)
MP1 (t260)
MP2 (t1175)
CO (t1135)
Button (t1010)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t30, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t150) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets t55, MP1 calls t55, MP2 calls t55, SB folds, Hero calls t55.

River: (t370) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets t60, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to t300, Hero raises to t870 (All-In), MP2 calls t570.

Final Pot: t2110

Results
Hero shows Kc 8c (flush, ace high).
MP2 shows 5h 4h (full house, fours full of fives).
Outcome: MP2 wins t2110.

Was I too aggressive on the river when I re-raised all in? The blinds were still low and I would still have had time to recover.

Hand #2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed)

CO (t1660)
Button (t45)
SB (t800)
BB (t2135)
UTG (t2410)
Hero (t910)
MP2 (t2040)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG raises to t400, Hero raises to t910 (All-In), MP2 folds, CO calls t910, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t510.

Flop: (t2880) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t2880) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (t2880) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: t2880

Results
UTG shows Th Kc (one pair, eights).
Hero shows 5c 5d (two pair, eights and fives).
CO shows Jc Jh (two pair, jacks and eights).
Outcome: CO wins t2880.

This hand bears some explanation. The UTG player was a total maniac who was raising with any two cards. I did not like it much when the CO called....

Hand #3

Note that the blinds were at 100/200 and were going up next hand to 150/300. It is down to 4 handed as you will see, and this group of players (never saw any of them before this tourney) was tough. All three remaining players were tight aggressive players. In fact, I carefully watched the rest of this tourney and was impressed enough to take notes on two of the last three players. Bottom line on this hand is that when I re-raised all in I KNEW that the raiser had something decent (AJ minimum, maybe even AK). Should I have waited for a better opportunity or made a stand here.....

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

Hero (t1285)
BB (t4515)
UTG (t2340)
Button (t1860)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button raises to t600, Hero raises to t1285 (All-In), BB folds, Button calls t685.

Flop: (t2770) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2770) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2770) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2770

Results
Hero shows 4s 4c (one pair, fours).
Button shows Ad Qd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Button wins t2770.

Hand #4

This hand occurred when 4 handed. One of the players is close to blinding out. Would everyone here push in with the KK or simply call / raise something lower and see the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed)

MP (t435)
Button (t5545)
SB (t440)
Hero (t1420)
UTG (t2160)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG raises to t400, MP folds, Button calls t400, SB folds, Hero raises to t1420 (All-In), UTG calls t1020, Button folds.

Flop: (t3340) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3340) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t3340) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3340

Results
Hero shows Kc Kd (one pair, kings).
UTG shows Ac Qd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins t3340.

cferejohn
03-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Hand 1: You've identified the mistake. Once you are raised with the nut flush on a paired board, you need to worry about the full house. You don't have the nuts. Give any thought to betting out on this flop with your flush draw? Looks like it might have worked, though I can't relly blame you for not doing so against so many limpers.

Hand 2: At first I was going to say something like "I don't understand why people play small pairs so aggresively in tournaments", but given your last statement about UTG, I think that all-in is fine, especially since you are short-stacked anyway.

Hand 3: This hand is begging for the stop-and-go. There is no way the button can fold to this raise preflop unless he was raising with total crap (and even then it is close). Just call and bet out on any flop. Yes you would have lost anyway, but stop-and-going would at least give you a shot of getting him to lay down a better hand (like if he had 77 he might lay down to the A).

With just 7x the BB, you are very happy to get all your chips in preflop with KK. All the chips went in while you were a 7:3 favorite. You played it perfectly.

ohkanada
03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
1) I would often bet the flop on this one. Tough choice on the river. One would expect a set/two pair to have bet before the river. I have bet more on the river. The pot has 370 and you bet 60. I would have bet closer to 250 or 300.

2) 55 isn't a hand to punish a loose raiser. He is defintely calling your additional 510 and likely has 2 overcards and an overpair is even possible.

3) Similar comments as #2. This one is probably better than that hand because the blinds are higher and your stack is only 4xBB after the SB.

4) Well played.

Ken Poklitar