PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with me???

08-19-2002, 06:12 AM
I open account online because of the bonus. Then i learn ; there is not even a bonus.

I lay down a straight flush ; didn't even realize that i have it. See post at "other poker games"

and now i hold QJ suited in holdem. Flop KT3 one of my suit. I'm so stuck with my idea to draw to the straight that i didn't see that i made my flush backdoor and fold on the river. All online. Should i take a long break ????

08-19-2002, 04:18 PM
No you should not take a break at all. Just post at what site you play and your preffered hours and we 2+2 posters will be there to protect you from yourself. Another alternative might be "Gambling Insurance". I saw a post regarding this in the internet forum. They are willing to cover 40% of your losses for a monthly fee. Of course the posters here may be willing to pool our resources and offer you a similiar offer in exchange for exclusive play at your table.

Jimbo

08-19-2002, 04:22 PM
Sorry, can't tell you. But i will not play 2 tables at once anymore. That's for sure !!!!!

08-19-2002, 05:56 PM
to play TWO tables at one time.

U seem to have difficulty focusing on two games.

It also appears as if U are NOT obtaining a sufficient amount of sleep/rest.

If U are playing more than a 4-hour session,cut it down to a 4-Hr. Max for awhile.

Do something completely different for about 2 or 3 days--don't even THINK about poker!

Find something else for a few days that U are interesting in doing.

I thinK that with sufficient rest and playing ONE table only,U should return to your "normal" self.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

08-19-2002, 06:16 PM

08-19-2002, 06:28 PM

08-19-2002, 08:59 PM
I am surprised by the number of people who play two games at once because so many of them tell horror stories. They overlooked their hands. They raised in Game A when they meant to raisei in Game B. They meant to fold in Game B, but raised because they misread their hands.

I even know people who play two different kinds of games such as HE and Omaha.

Poker is tough enough to beat if you're playing only one game. Playing two is just asking for trouble.

I will concede that a few people can handle two (or perhaps even more) games. Chess masters have been known to play and beat twenty opponents.

But, unless you are much smarter than most of us, I think playing two games is unwise.

One of the great advantages of online poker is that your automatically get clear records of your results. If you are uncertain of the effects of playing two games, just compare your results when playing one and two. If those results say you can do it, and you don't have undesirable side effects such as not enjoying the game or getting upset, go for it.

If you don't find that you gain either cash or pleasure from playing two games, stick to one.

Al