PDA

View Full Version : KQ- turn check raise

WDC
03-11-2004, 01:09 PM
4-8 CP. Still loose and aggressive pre flop.

I am in CO-1. Very agressive player in BB. Folded to me and I raise KQ off. Cut-off just sat down and posted. he three bets. BB four bets, which means nothing. I call, CO calls.

Flop comes 8910 or hearts. I have the queen of hearts. BB bets, i call, CO raises, BB calls, I call.

Turn Q of diamonds. BB checks (he is on a draw), I check, CO bets, BB calls, I checkraise.

I gotta believe that this is the right play. Anyone disagree?

Louie Landale
03-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Yes. The bet you but in on the turn is a LOT more valuable than the bet you WOULD put in on the river by checking and calling, because you CAN realistically get a better hand to fold now and can also get those drawing to beat your Qs to fold. However, this plays loses a lot of equity if [1] you could confidently fold to a river bet if you do NOT raise, or [2] you STILL have to pay off a river bet even after you DO raise.

- Louie

WDC
03-11-2004, 04:04 PM
I thought that I had a reasonable chance of being ahead once the queen hit and I wanted to possibly clear out an A or K of hearts incase the four flush hit the river. I am pretty sure that is what happened when the BB folded on the turn.

No improvement came on the river and it was checked through. The poster happened to hit a set of three's on the flop and took down the pot.

WDC
03-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Louie,
Thanks for your thoughtful responsesto all my posts today. i appreciate your and everyone else's input.