PDA

View Full Version : AQo hand for review

JDErickson
03-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Loose Absolute table. Opponent has been very fishy. Any 2 cards will do player.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.16 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Comments?

AviD
03-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Looks OK, but if the player is THAT fishy...I think a turn raise is good. If he doesn't come back over the top and re-raise, I'd be confident he doesn't have a K.

He could just as easily have nothing, a 3, an 8, or a much weaker Q...again assuming he is THAT fishy.

You played it safe by calling down, but I think you could have stepped up the aggression on the turn and raised.

Just my .02! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MaxPower
03-11-2004, 12:16 PM
This is an interesting one for me, because I often play this situation the same way. I'm not sure that it is right.

If your opponent is overly aggressive I would call down. Otherwise, I think I am often behind on the turn and the pot isn't big enough to call.

I'm interested in what others have to say about this.

I have to sign up for absolute poker.

sfer
03-11-2004, 12:23 PM
My thoughts exactly.

JDErickson
03-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Opponent flips K7 and drags the pot.

Lately I have seen quite a few fish betting or Cr'ing with absolutely nothing but an overcard. Its like they think you are bluffing every hand.

A few days ago at 5/10 I had TT in LP and raised. flop was rags I bet and got 1 caller. Turn was a rag, I got Cr'd by fish. I call it down to see he Cr'd me with a gutshot straight draw on the turn.

Of course he hit his gutshot on the river.

Jim