PDA

View Full Version : a good beat story

mike l.
03-11-2004, 01:53 AM
i just sat down in a great looking 20-40 game this evening. before i played my blinds i watched a regular get his flopped set of kings torn up by a limper who hit a gutshot on the turn with his JTs. the KK guy flipped out a little and tossed his cards angrily at the dealer. he scowled and complained "[censored] chasers! nice GUT shot man!" he was angry and stuck, left with just a small stack.

about a minute later i folded my first bb to a raise and then got black aces in the sb. someone limped, KK complainer raised, the cutoff and button cold called his raise, i 3 bet, KK guy capped it and all came along. so 5 of us saw the flop.

i bet in the dark. the flop was T92 rainbow. they all called. KK complainer went all in with his last two chips.

i bet dark. turn was 4. they all called.

i bet dark. river was a 3. they all called. i turned my aces over, the next two players mucked. button shyly turned up 32o for rivered two pair. i smiled and said "oh good one, i thought i might have lost there on the end." then all-in guy turned over 65o for the main pot with his rivered runner-runner gutshot.

i smiled an even bigger smile and laughed a little, but it was a genuine laugh of gladness for this poor fellow who was so upset by having his kings cracked. i wasnt smiling or saying good hand because i knew they were fish or i was trying to disguise deep anger or something. i was smiling and saying good hand because i felt glad for them. i know how relieving it feels to be on your last dime and to hit that runner runner perfect when all in. or to get caught in a raising war with a hand like 32o and then have it hold it up in the end and scoop a big pot. and even still that's not it. and it's not about maintaining a positive attitude because that will keep me from tilting and keep from scaring away the fishes and blah blah blah all that narcissistic crap. it's just about being nice to people and happy for people because that's the way to be. it's about being a goody goody in the poker room not for profit but just because it feels so right.

comments?

risen
03-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Nice attitude Mike, and I'm sure you'll get all those chips back from folks playing what they play. But since you're such a nice guy, it would really make me happy if you gave me $1,000. I'm sure you know how relieving it feels when you're just walkin down the street and someone lays one large on you out of the blue. So how bout it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mikey
03-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Mike, honestly how many BB did you go up during this session?

shemp
03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i know how relieving it feels to be on your last dime and to hit that runner runner perfect when all in. or to get caught in a raising war with a hand like 32o and then have it hold it up in the end and scoop a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is besides the point of a really nice post, but I can't help myself... the above quote really cracks me up -- contemplating your gifts of empathy -- and whence they come.

Joe Tall
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
i know how relieving it feels to be on your last dime and to hit that runner runner perfect when all in. or to get caught in a raising war with a hand like 32o and then have it hold it up in the end and scoop a big pot.

You do?

Peace,
Joe Tall

andyfox
03-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Tommy says he plays his best game during the shuffle. I think he plays his best game between his ears.

And now you do too.

JimRivett
03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Nice post Mike!

We missed you the other night.

Jim