PDA

View Full Version : Redmen62's hands

george w of poker
03-11-2004, 01:44 AM
great idea Jay! though i have a feeling this is going to end up pointing out more flaws in my game than redmen's game.

Hand 1:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed)

CO ($166.70)
Button ($34.80)
Hero ($48)
BB ($55.90)
UTG ($36.25)
UTG+1 ($70.15)
MP1 ($31.75)
MP2 ($15)
MP3 ($53.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
UTG raises to $2, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) calls $1, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls $2, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($9) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($9) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets $10, UTG raises to $20, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls $10.

River: ($49) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets $14.25 (All-In), Hero calls $14.25.

Final Pot: $77.50
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $77.50, between Hero and UTG.</font>

I assume hero was going for a check raise to trap the field here? I suppose thats a good plan.
Once the pf raiser checks the flop then raises the turn, its tough to put him on a hand. Anyone have any idea?

Hand 2:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed)

BB ($159.70)
UTG ($48)
Hero ($103.80)
CO ($54.40)
Button ($67.50)
SB ($53.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero raises to $4, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB raises to $7, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($14.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets $7, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $21.50
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $14.50, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $7, overbet by BB.</font>

To me this seems like BB either wants a call real bad or wants to get out of the hand for cheap because he missed and a raise by the hero would find out pretty quick.

Hand 3:

Hero ($54.35)
BB ($132.38)
UTG ($53.80)
UTG+1 ($65.40)
MP1 ($87.30)
MP2 ($78.70)
MP3 ($75)
CO ($88.25)
Button ($53.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $1, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero raises to $6, BB folds, MP1 calls $5, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($16) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $10, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $26
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $16, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $10, overbet by Hero.</font>

I never raise this preflop, especially after so many limpers, because at least one or two will call and you are out of position for the rest of the hand

Hand 4:

Button ($147.10)
SB ($25.45)
BB ($48.85)
Hero ($49)
UTG+1 ($6)
MP1 ($141.75)
MP2 ($47.50)
MP3 ($48)
CO ($50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $1, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $3, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button calls $3, SB folds, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($13.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button bets $7, BB folds, Hero folds, MP2 calls $7.

Turn: ($27.50) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Button bets $8, MP2 calls $8.

River: ($43.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets $29.5 (All-In), Button folds.

Final Pot: $73
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $43.50, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $29.50, overbet by MP2.</font>

i don't play this up front but if you can then more power to ya. after the raise its tough to call even though its such a small raise because you are easily dominated if not by the raiser then by one of the cold callers. but, you do have position in relation to the raiser and the rest of the field in case you flop a draw. still, i say fold this up front because you don't want to be playing in a raised pot.

Hand 5:

MP3 ($179.03)
CO ($47.50)
Button ($50.60)
Hero ($45.50)
BB ($50)
UTG ($64.25)
UTG+1 ($39)
MP1 ($134.20)
MP2 ($323.12)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG raises to $2, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($5) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets $6, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $11
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $5, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $6, overbet by UTG.</font>

I never know what to make of these min raises but i don't think you are giving up anything by folding this out of position. if you flop the flush you probably won't win much. if you flop a king you definitely can't like your hand that much. if you flop a flush draw he might make it expensive for you and he may get away from the hand if you make your flush. drawing out of position heads up isn't very fun. so, i think you need more callers in between to call here.

more to come as i find them.

MrFroggyX
03-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Hand 1:
Hmm.. Yeah i wonder what he can have? He min rasied preflop, check'd the flop with two club's and reraise when 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes. If he had AA or 99 he should have bet the flop to chase out the drawing hands. Can he have 44? No i don't think so.. beacuse he rasied preflop. Maybe a big pocket pair KK or QQ? KK maybe beacuse he min rasied and wanted callers. And he try's a bluff on the turn? Nah this is tricky.. But i say KK.

Hand 2:
I think it was a fine fold.

Hand 3:
I don't aggre with george here. I think it was a nice rasie. I do that sometimes myself. I see it like this. They have showed weakness by limping. Often everyone will fold. And if someone calls, what is the hands he might have? I would say AA, KK (or possible AK) or a small pocket pair.
So by rasie that big we got two things: 1. first everyone folds and you win the pot. 2. Someones calls. Great then you know that he can have someone off the above hands.
What happends if we only rase 2-4xBB? You don't get any information on what the limpers can have for hands.

Hand 4:
I would limp but fold to the pre flop rasie.

Hand 5:
I aggree with george. Fold this hand if there are a pre flop rasie.

Redmen62
03-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Hand 1:
Well, he had 99, the second time in about 30 minutes I lost a big pot to quads.

Hand 3:
I raise here because there's a lot of dead money sitting out there and i think party players will call with AJ and sometimes A-10.

Hand #4:
We've found a leak! yeah, KJo was something of an experiment for me, seeing what pokertracker said about its value PF. It's marginally down in the first the seats, up everywhere else. Snip, snip, it's cut from EP. (Once I've called PF in that hand, I'm getting good odds for the raise and more importantly I have great position relative to the raiser for when I flop big)

Hand 5:
I never call this heads-up for a raise out-of position. No idea why I did here.

Thanks, george w, and hoping for more comments.

prairieboy
03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Hand 1: With AKs, I reraise at least some of the time. After calling the raise, I would have bet out on the flop.

Hand 2: It's raise or fold. Depending upon what I thought of the other player, I'd probably fold.

Hand 3: I play it the same way as Redmen62.

Hand 4: I have a weakness for KJo too. Must be a Saskatoon thing.

Hand 5: I fold. My hand probably isn't the best; the pot is small. Avoid trouble and fold.

SomeName
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
This in regard to the KJ in early position being a loser. While using poker tracker to limit the hands you can play is smart, I do not believe that everyone should play the exact same hands in the same way. I will never ever fold a KJ or even a K10 in early position, and I win my fair share with both.