PDA

View Full Version : party support succeeds!!!

crockpot
03-10-2004, 10:54 PM
after suffering all-in abuse (again!) i sent a fed-up email to party, using stronger language than i normally do. they sent me a much more detailed email than usual, outlining their procedures for studying the player's history, blah blah. and what do you know! for once they admitted that the guy was a cheat, and his all-in protection is gone.

i wish i could have negotiated some money out of this, but i later won the SNG where this hand happened, so not much luck there.

anyone here have an optimal tone that they use when writing angry emails to party? i need to figure out how to make it sound like their server is being abandoned if i'm not satisfied with the results.

MS Sunshine
03-11-2004, 12:42 AM
It seems that there has been a policy change at alerts@partypoker with them becoming really tough on repeat all-in cheats.

Someone did bring up the point that this policy could really bite someone that is completely innocent.

I still support the position that ALL all-in protection should be taken away and everyone take the same risk, but taking the cheats completely out of the equation.

MS Sunshine

astroglide
03-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Thank you very much for bringing this to our notice, we have blocked his players chat. The next time you see someone divulging such information, please contact us as soon as possible, so that we can take immediate action. Thank you again for helping us maintain a positive atmosphere on our tables.

---

Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

---

etc. i've gotten chat disabled on like 5 people this week because they were talking about hands during play with people left to act.

crockpot
03-11-2004, 07:27 AM
so a couple hours after alerts@party sends me an email telling me they've looked into the player's history, detected a clear pattern of intentional disconnects, and disabled the player's all-in protection, i get an email from info@party telling me that they looked into the player's history and thought that there was no out of the ordinary number of disconnects at critical moments, thus they will not take action against him.

this has got to be an all-time classic in the annals of party ineptitude. i would like to retract any comments i may have made that indicated this server was making progress. meanwhile, i'm left wondering - do they attempt to resolve these disconnect protection cases at random? and how bad must their process be if two different people who check out the player's disconnect history come to polar opposite conclusions about his guilt?

man, what a crappy support team.