PDA

View Full Version : The Consolidated Zee 17K Hand

Bill Murphy
03-10-2004, 10:27 PM
10-10-20 NLHE, 40 to go. RZ, Big Guy, & Markus all have over 6500 stacks.

"A bunch"(how many?) limpers, RZ limps w/A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

Markus on button makes it 300 to go.

Big Guy(in one of the blinds or UTG/EP?? Kinda important IMO) quickly calls. RZ only other caller.

Flop J /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BG check, RZ check, M bet 1200, BG calls "quickly", RZ calls slowly /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BG & RZ check, M bets 4000 & has about 1200(?) left, BG calls quickly & has 800 left, RZ calls slowly /images/graemlins/laugh.gif & has 1300 left.

River Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check-check-check=Oh, oh! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Markus' Q8o good. BG had lower clubs, w/some sort of straight draw, prolly T9, IMO.

Key point of Ray's analysis is that he believes Markus will continue bluffing(which Markus confirmed later) & that BG will fold up to a pair of *JACKS* on the river if he misses his draws. This is why RZ didn't re-raise all in on the turn.

Fantastic reads of opponents' hands by Ray, but I think FPS may have got him. I can't conceive ANYONE folding for their last 800 for 17.8K if they spike their ten or nine, the way this hand was played.

Also have to think the equity of getting rid of Markus' four outs beats the chance of a river bluff causing BG to fold a winner. Plus, I don't think the players have enough money left for Ray's plan to work. Now, had Markus only bet 3K on the turn, leaving BG 1800, that might be completely different.

But, WTF do I know? Ray is considered one of the best cash NLHE players ever, while I've only played live PLHE one time. Fascinating to discuss, tho. Thanks for posting it, Ray. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PuppetMaster
03-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Why are you posting this as a recap?

Ray Zee
03-10-2004, 10:50 PM
also there are a few scenarios where i get to save my last money by not moving in. and a few where i would lose it as well by getting called if i am beat where they would check it down on the end. so it still inst clear in my mind that i needed to move in. except that if i did i probably would have won the pot. but i dont play backwards poker.

Bill Murphy
03-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Mostly for my own use & thought organization, but, yes, also as a recap for some who might've missed all or part of it.