PDA

View Full Version : Empire Bonus - WTF?

moondogg
03-10-2004, 04:45 PM
For the sole purpose of getting the initial deposit bonus, I just opened an account on Empire. I followed the instructions on bonuswhores.com, and I thought it was odd that I never had to enter a bonus code.
This seems a lot less odd now, because they did not give me the bonus /images/graemlins/mad.gif. Did I screw this up by not entering a bonus code? I'm guessing the bonus is now lost forever, but I just want to make sure.
Also, I figure I'd cash out and leave the account open with a zero balance so I'll get included in the next round of reload bonuses. However, do you think this will work if I've never played a hand at Empire? Or, should I play 50 or 100 hands before cashing out?

Thanks,
Mooney

EDIT: Also, to be clear up front, I am NOT looking for an affiliate. Consider my PM on the "do not call" list.

jek187
03-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey Mooney,

I just deposited last night for an EXCITE25 reload and didn't get the bonus either.

Shoot an email to management@bonuswhores.ignore.com or send me a PM w/your user name and email used to sign-up, and I'll help you bug Empire for your bonus.

scotnt73
03-10-2004, 04:53 PM
if this was your first deposit call them and bitch and they will give you the bonus. they did for me. i had to redeposit which you may or may not have to do depending on who you talk to but after i redeposited they gave it to me.

moondogg
03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Also, to be clear up front, I am NOT looking for an affiliate. Consider my PM on the "do not call" list.

Dingo Puppet
03-10-2004, 05:28 PM
You already signed up through an affiliate when you clicked on that banner at BH. Didn't you know?

HavanaBanana
03-10-2004, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You already signed up through an affiliate when you clicked on that banner at BH. Didn't you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right, they get your rake%age and the pokerplayers get's money taken out of their pool, and did Bonuswhores even intoduce a new player to poker?
Of course not, it is all conceiled pickpocketing.

I'd rather make a homeless my affiliate (or if I wanted the money myself, a wife,gf or friend or relative) than giving the money to a stranger whilst depleting the pokermoneypool.

Think about that everytime you go broke, you could still have had some money in your account if the affiliates didnt suck it up.

ToT

Dingo Puppet
03-10-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking 99% of the newbies don't even know they are signing up under an affiliate when they click on a banner at an outside website. I know I didn't. I was never contacted by whoever I signed up under either with an offer of a rake rebate. They must of made thousands off me before I even heard of affiliates. I was a big sucker before I played my first hand!!

Lost Wages
03-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Every single time I've done a relaod bonus at Empire (the latest just last week) they have failed to put any money in my "Pending Bonus". I have to send them a e-mail, wait about three days and then they credit it.

Lost Wages

Nikita
03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
How often do you get a realod bonus?

Lost Wages
03-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm on my third since Jan 1. One $100 and the last two $50. I always cash out as soon as I clear it.

Lost Wages

moondogg
03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Umm, OK. I guess you guys take the whole affiliate thing pretty seriously. I was trying to avoid spam.

If they are breaking their affiliate agreements, then they are doing something wrong. If they are operating within the affiliate agreements, then they have found a way to skim money from a system without breaking the rules. More power to them. Doesn't sounds all that much different than what pro players do to fish in a poker game. Does the pro explain to the fish that he is mathematically guaranteed to take his money eventually? Someone else's ignorance is my bliss. If someone cuts me a bonus and makes some money in the process, that's fine; it I could have gotten more by not going through the affiliate, that's my fault for not exercising due diligence and researching the market.
I think the idea that affilates are sucking money out of the poker system are grave exaggerations, much like the whole "rakes are too high, we're getting screwed!" chants.
I am not an affilate, nor do I have plans to be, but I am a shamless capitalist and will go out of my way to get my hands on every dollar I can while operating within the rules of the system. God bless America.