PDA

View Full Version : Am I playing too tight?

Bluff1
03-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I have been a little bit of a cold streak lately and I’m wondering if I maybe I’ve been playing too tight. This is my basic hand selection for the early and opening rounds of play of course I get more aggressive and move in a lot more when the blinds start to become a larger portion of my stack.

Early Position seats 1-3 I only play Ak, AA, KK, and QQ from here

Middle Position 4-5 I add a couple of pp’s from here is the game is not to wild 88-JJ.

Late Position 6-7 Here again I add a few more pp’s 55-77. I also add AQ suited or not. Aj, At suited if no one is in or has yet entered the pot.

Blinds I basically play them as they come and the texture of the game.

I fold almost all my hands to raise except for pp's in lp to a min raise and of course the power hands. I usually don’t play any small suited connectors as I have found that they often leave you in tough spots on the flop. Do I need to start playing them more or is my overall strategy sound and I’ve just not been catching cards. I do steal with a wide range of hands if the game is tight enough and I can get away with it. Please give me your insights on this I have been second guess myself lately.

GoSox
03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
What are you playing, NL PL HE ??

NotMitch
03-10-2004, 04:34 PM
And where, Stars, Party, UB or other?

Bluff1
03-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Nlhe and at stars