PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm

Clarkmeister
03-10-2004, 02:43 PM
"Police say they are secretly monitoring hip-hop stars P. Diddy, DMX and others in South Florida"

Come again?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=495&ncid=762&e=1&u=/ap/20040310/ap_en_mu/hip_hop_survellience

scotnt73
03-10-2004, 03:09 PM
they said it was just for thier own protection. please keep a 6 inch journal on me for my protection thanks. while your at it could you take pictures of me everywhere i go like im part of the mafia. that cant be legal..right?

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2004, 03:20 PM
they are more concerned with rappers than they are with drug smugglers apparently. What a waste of tax payer money, not to mention a possible invasion of privacy.

andyfox
03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
"250,000 hip-hop fans flocked to South Beach for four days of parties hosted by their favorite rappers. More than 210 people were arrested, double usual number, most for disorderly conduct and intoxication"

One can understand their concern, given that .084% of the people in attendance were possibly disorderly and intoxicated.

There were more drunk nd disorderly people at Commerce last night.

At our table alone.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2004, 03:44 PM
"At our table alone."

I am, of course, extremely jealous. I'll get my dose of Tommy in May though.

I just thought this article was funny because of this "secret" monitoring that the police saw fit to discuss with a freaking newspaper.

MaxPower
03-10-2004, 03:44 PM
They are doing a great job of keeping it a secret.

TheRake
03-11-2004, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they are more concerned with rappers than they are with drug smugglers apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

"We didn't know anything. We didn't know who were the big record labels, who were the kingpins..."

They make it sound like they are one and the same. Granted the word "Kingpin" does not refer exclusively to drug trafficing, but I think it definately has that conotation. Was it coincidence that they used this word or was it planned?

TheRake