PDA

View Full Version : An Ed Miller hand.....6-12 q4d on the button

Schmed
03-10-2004, 11:10 AM
I decided to try applying some of the concepts from Ed's preflop quiz last night. Here's a hand I played specifically with that in mind.(although I did get 9's in the BB and didn't raise /images/graemlins/tongue.gif check/folded to a AQ6 flop)

UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, mp3 calls, lp calls, Co calls, I'm on the button with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I call, blinds both call.

Flop

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked around to me, I bet, sb calls, bb raises, utg folds, mp1 calls, mp3 calls, co calls, I reraise, sb folds, bb calls, all call.

Turn

9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet, I lose one of the MP's all other's call.

River

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me

I bet, all call.

Obviously my hand was good. BB was none too happy with the flop 3 bet..he, (apparently thinking he was playing a 5 card game)...thought his 73 2 pr was going to be good..........I told him...."I have seeeeeeeeeen the light.............." now gimmie those 9's in the BB again so I can raise it up....... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AviD
03-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Nice hand! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like the flop 3-bet to get a free river look. Was that the plan if the turn didn't spit out a diamond?

Schmed
03-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Actually my plan was to hammer it the entire way. I mean I had like 14 outs in my mind to anything he had....unless he flopped a set which....well....was a possibility but not a probability because I'm thinkin that player caps the flop. On top of the fact that I had 14 outs I had 4-5 callers to anything I threw out there.

Rico Suave
03-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey Schmed:

Q4s sucks! Fold that cheese preflop.

j/k. Nice hand. Nice table selection. I especially like the flop 3-bet.

--Rico

colgin
03-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Nice hand. Well played. I agree that if the turn had been a blank that you have an easy value bet with all those calling stations and that betting is preferable to just taking a free card.