PDA

View Full Version : $3/$6 NLHE PStars hand

theBruiser500
03-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Playing $3/$6 NLHE on PStars again =) I think I can do okay there if I'm playing my best game, so that's what I was doing... Playing just 1 table, very tight, etc.

Pick up JJ in LP, one players limps (he's good, no read on him though), I have $550, he has me covered. I raise to $24, he calls, and so does the BB. Flop comes rainbow

JQ5, they both check to me, I bet $60, the EP limper calls. Turn is a queen. Should I bet now or check? If I bet mediumish, I'll get some more money in there when he has a draw, but if he misses his draw he won't bluff on the river probably, also, he may not call the turn bet with just a draw. If I check, he might catch something he wouldn't have stayed in to see, or he might bluff at it on the river.

[censored]!!! I just lost my whole stack at that table, I'm about to make a new thread regarding that hand...

danny

AJo Go All In
03-10-2004, 11:20 AM
i would definitely bet here. what is the worst is when the guy has a Q and would have paid you off, but you're tricky and check behind, and then the draw hits on the river and he puts you on the draw and you get nothing.

theBruiser500
03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Good point. In the game I checked the turn a rag falls on the river, he checks to me, I bet small and he instantly folds.

danny