PDA

View Full Version : $100 Party Poker SnG - worst play?!

Deelah
03-10-2004, 08:42 AM
First level, blinds 10/15.

Six limpers see a flop of AQT rainbow and the first player pushes all-in, T985. Pot is 90. Ok, he has to have the nuts I think (KJ = straight). All fold to the last player who calls (nuts too?).

Their hands? All-in guy has K8 of spades. No pair, no flush draw but a BIG gutshot, lol. The caller has A5o for top pair and a big kicker... Pair of aces wins.

Isnīt this amazing? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TylerD
03-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Why would someone push-in with the Broadway straight on a rainbow board with a tiny pot, they wouldn't be getting enough value from such a strong hand. I'd be far more amazed if he did have the nuts.

The guy pushed in on a semi bluff and got called, I've seen far worse. As for the caller, he did have top pair and probably figured that someone who is pushing in at this stage is drawing/bluffing and therefore made the correct call.

Deelah
03-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Why would someone push-in with the Broadway straight on a rainbow board with a tiny pot, they wouldn't be getting enough value from such a strong hand. I'd be far more amazed if he did have the nuts.

As you saw, on Party Poker you can get a call from A5 in that spot so why not push in with the broadway? Better than with a gutshot.

And I canīt believe you call that a semi-bluff?? If the bluff donīt work you should have some chance to hit your draw, do you like those chances here? Four cards in the whole deck with two to come?

I think both players played it amazingly bad.

jwvdcw
03-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah, its pretty bad. Sometimes I would love to see people's thought patterns as they do stuff like this.

Funny thing is, I've seen some stuff just as bad on the 200 tables at party.