PDA

View Full Version : Attempt to clear the HULA onslaught?

Bozeman
03-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Is there a website for this stuff?

If not, does any techie want to put one together? Or get Matty to make us an inbred forum?

It would be cool to have up-to-date standings and perhaps pre-scheduling.

1-0, thanks to being the last one to suck out /images/graemlins/smile.gif,
Craig

LivingLegend58
03-10-2004, 03:29 AM
That would be cool.

Joe Tall
03-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Attempt to clear the HULA onslaught?

This post certainly helps.

Simon Diamond
03-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but he makes a good point Joe. There should be a website so we can see schedules, results etc.

I am not sure what the score is on this front, but my offer of help still stands. A yes or a no would be polite.

Simon

gonores
03-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Simon,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Unfortunately, all our time right now is STILL being dedicated to fixing the bugs with TPC itself. Once I have a list of 72 players, all cleared to play on every table, and all with their buyin deducted, the site is the next priority. Also, Team Canada is still up in the air, which will render our current schedule useless.

If you'd like to take initiative, PM JohnShaft about the site. I know he has started working on one, but unfortunately, I'm not sure where it stands right now. Basically all pertinent material that would need to go on the site (minus the full schedule) can be found on one thread or another. The kinks in HULA are starting to burn me, personally, out, and I am sorta sitting back and watching things develop right now. hoping that some stuff takes care of itself.

Once again, I really appreciate you volunteering for the site, but I/we can't/won't make a call on this until some of the more pressing issues are teased out.

cheers,

Doug

Simon Diamond
03-10-2004, 01:21 PM
No worries, I understand. You are doing a good job so far.

Simon

Bozeman
03-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Gonores,

Just wanted to let you know that your work is valued and appreciated, and I hope you don't let this hard week burn you out. Hopefully things will be much smoother and you will get more help in the future.

For the record, I don't think the onslaught now is too bad, but I hope it will be reduced in the future, hence my post.

Craig

JohnShaft
03-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi guys.

I had (have) knocked up a Forum, which I thought was the main thing we could do to reduce traffic here, but with free hosting the only ones I can find to host have [censored] annoying adverts. Ala this (http://members.lycos.co.uk/hula/forums/) I told Doug about a few days ago. I don't think he was that keen on it, and with the [censored] frame adverts I'm not either.

If anyone wants to knock up a page just for teams and results be my guest, because at this point I'm not sure that would be that much help, and it would take a lot of work for whoever runs it to keep up to date.
We do need something but without some good hosting I can't do much better than the above that I've already attempted. If anyone knows of any better free (PHP) hosting let me know.

Simon Diamond
03-10-2004, 05:08 PM
I can knock up a page for the results/teams, but I need a little help. Can anybody help me out with who is on each team - I have searched the draft and schedule threads and it has confused me a little.

Simon

J.R.
03-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

Havana
Inthacup
N1Stunnor
Aces over 8s
stagemusic
BigEndian
Sheriff Fatman
LarsR
Nick B.

Homer
Ulysses
James282
Bozeman
Jay!
pudley4
Bugsbunny
Dylan Wade
The Grifter

Zee
Nate tha great
Daryn
TTT
JasonHoldEm
AAmaz0n
Ccass
morgant
Rugbyrat

Strips
Schneids2k02
Book of Icculus
Gacm
NLsoldier
krazyace5
bicyclekick
Bbill
surfdoc

JTG
Joe Tall
J.R.
Gonores
bunky9590
Deucesup
Mosta
jtf
Calvin

Vehn
Nottom
Ajo Go all in
mosch
karlson
Simon
Wayne
Filip
Smudgex68

Guy
CrackerZack
ElSapo
JohnShaft
brian0729
LivingLegend58
catch of the day
Trix
Shymon

Rob
soda
The Gift of Gab
MaxPower
jek187
fluff
Bottlesof
rayrns
Pokernoob

gonores
03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
1 quick change to that.

Shymon (Guy's 8th pick) dropped and was replaced by WEASEL45.

Doug

Catch of the Day
03-10-2004, 10:02 PM
LivingLegend58 PM'ed me today and said that NLsolder has refused repeated PM's and many other means of attempted communication by said team member. Anyone know where he is? the first week ends friday, Correct? Someone PM our captain(GOT), if they know what's up.

Winning by forfeit will just taint, what seeme to be, another inveitable victory for StrongBadia's Army. We are taking this seriously NLSoldier, even if you aren't.

The 2nd Lt. of Glorious Strongbadia's Army...

Catch-

Simon Diamond
03-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Finding all the results to date in the assorted HULA threads has been a pain in the arse so far - is there going to be anything official with regard to the results? Are TPC going to provide you with a list of all the matches played?

I think there needs some sort of official thread each week to have results posted into, with the winning player responsible for reporting the result of each match.

At the moment I have the match scores as follows:

ZeeJustin trails Homer 1-4
Nate tha great lost to Homer
Daryn lost to Bozeman
CCass beat Dylan Wade
morgant lost to TheGrifter
Rugbyrat lost to Bugsbunny

JTG51 leads Robk 3-1
JTG51 beat soda
gonores beat The Gift of Gab
bunky9590 lost to fluff
Calvin beat BottlesOf

Vehn trails Havanabanana 3-5
Nottom lost to Havanabanana
AJo Go All In lost to Acesover8s
mosch lost to n1stunnor
karlson beat BigEndian
-Simon- lost to Stagemusic
Wayne lost to LarsŪ
Filip beat Nick B.
Smudgeex68 beat Sheriff Fatman

GuyOnTilt leads Stripsqueez 3-1
GuyOnTilt lost to Schneids2k02
ElSapo beat gacm
Catch of the Day beat BBill
Trix beat surfdoc

These are the results I have found, which may have been misread or misinterpreted.

I don't envy you Doug, all this must be a logistical headache for you more than anyone else. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

fluff
03-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the result summary Simon!

Simon Diamond
03-10-2004, 10:22 PM
My list is not official, so take it with a pinch of salt until we get some sort of verification.

Simon

gonores
03-10-2004, 10:41 PM
FWIW, this is exactly the scores I have, though I didn't check individual results.

It's not that hard to follow this. I'm laid up with a wisdom teeth removal (semi-botched) right now and I'm stoned on vicodin, so I don't get too far from my computer for the time being. Hopefully, these matches will have an XFL-style dropoff in observer ratings so we don't have to weed through too much stuff.

Doug

CrackerZack
03-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Since we're throwing this out here... Stripsqueez...you duckin' me? Let's rock this HULA match. I got a PM from him over the weekend but MIA since.

stripsqueez
03-10-2004, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since we're throwing this out here... Stripsqueez...you duckin' me? Let's rock this HULA match. I got a PM from him over the weekend but MIA since.

[/ QUOTE ]

been busy - the Australian Bridge Playoffs were held over the last week and just finished - a gruelling schedule so i had no time for poker - i am free now except i have to download the software etc - i will PM you later today with some suggested times - from memory EST is 18.5 hours behind ACDST so a good time for us both might be a challenge

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Simon Diamond
03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
HULA Week 1 Results to date (http://simongreig.com/hula/hula2004week1.html)

Did a little logo, pretty basic stuff - not sure whether you have your own that you want to use or have your own ideas on that front.

I will do a page with the draft order on, and one with a list of the teams. Not a website as such, but some pages for those who cannot make head or tail of the clutter, as it has been termed.

Simon

gonores
03-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Simon,

You rock.

Doug

Simon Diamond
03-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Take it thats a thumbs up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HULA excites me and I can't quite explain why. I know I keep saying it, but great job on organising this.

Simon

JTG51
03-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Mosta (my team) lost to rayrns (robk's team).

Simon Diamond
03-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Updated, thanks. The webpages I have done will be in my profile for those that are interested.

Simon

CrackerZack
03-11-2004, 12:38 AM
Cool... You did PM me about the bridge thing but just wanted to make sure you didn't forget /images/graemlins/smile.gif Its 11:38 EST right now. I can play late friday night or sat morning if that's within league rules.

JTG51
03-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the work you're doing, Simon. It's so helpful to have everything in one place.

Filip
03-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Ill also wanna thank all of you that are working with this. Great idea and very fun to participate and now with a webpage too its just great /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bozeman
03-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Simon, thanks for doing this.

I was curious about how Captains drafted, so I decided to look at correlation between # of posts and draft position. This is what I got:

http://home.earthlink.net/~craighowald/images/HULAdraft.gif

Yes, there is significant correlation, but not nearly as strong as I expected. So Captains must have been doing more research, but what?

Looks like Homer did a good job,
Craig

Vehn
03-14-2004, 09:46 PM
I did about an hour of research. I feel I did OK. We'll see here in a few weeks.

James282
03-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Seems possible that they would look for people with quality posts as opposed to quantity(you wouldn't expect thomastem to go in the first round based on his posts). If I was a captain, I would look for people who were proficient in shorthanded games, and people whose posts reflected reasonable amounts of higher level thinking. For example, I thought you were a great pick even though you are a no limit player because your posts clearly exemplify a very sound approach to the game, whatever variation.
-James