PDA

View Full Version : Black K's

Saborion
03-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, CO raises, SB 3-bets, UTG folds. Ok, now what?

Haupt_234
03-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Good fold as there were no draws out there at all, and a low card other than the 10's.

You have to figure someone has a 10 in this situation, unless it is the rare circumstance that BOTH players have overpairs or are maniacs.

Good lay down...

Haupt_234

asdf1234
03-10-2004, 03:52 AM
Probably best to save some money and muck it, one of them almost certainly has a ten.

Trix
03-10-2004, 04:06 AM
I dont think this will be a ten every time...
Check-3Betting isnīt the way to play a ten, but a fish might...SB could have many hands, I often see people coldcall preflop with strong hands for deception.
CO raise could be a Ten, overcards, some pair...

There are 15 bets in when it gets to you and you will have to spend atleast 6 to get to a showdown. Iīm not sure what is the best choice.

An option would be to cap it, maybe you CO will drop out then and you can check behind on the turn and call a river bet. If he CO calls, then I think you can checkfold turn unimproved.

I wonder what the more experienced posters would do in this hand...

umdpoker
03-10-2004, 04:38 AM
i would fold here and i never fold kk. if its 1 bet to you easy call though imo.

Tosh
03-10-2004, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would fold here and i never fold kk.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

novamob
03-10-2004, 09:26 AM
What a horrible situation to be in. The only reasonable hands to put the SB on are
AT
TT
and maybe KTs (a disaster for you)

but at the same time the fish still swim at a 3/6 table, so he could have
A3
K3s
JTo
QTs

Who knows. I guess I'd have to figure one of them for a ten and muck in disgust.

Against one player I'd probably go into crying check call mode, but against 2 players that would be too expensive.

Saborion
03-10-2004, 11:38 AM
If the SB hadn't check-3bet I think I would've raised the flop to see what the CO does. Unless he caps I bet the turn again.

The action went, I fold, CO calls. Turn = 4, bet, call. River = K, bet, call. SB had A's and CO had 9's.