PDA

View Full Version : Stupid move?

Daann
03-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

BB ($21.35)
UTG ($36.35)
Hero ($28.65)
MP1 ($27.25)
MP2 ($6.55)
MP3 ($21.60)
CO ($14.95)
Button ($24.90)
SB ($5.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
Hero calls $0.25, MP1 raises to $0.5, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.85) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $2.6, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.60, BB folds, Hero raises to $10, MP1 raises to $26.75, CO folds, Hero calls $26.75.

Turn: ($58.70) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: ($58.70) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: $58.70
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $58.70, between UTG, Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 ($58.70).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG doesn't show.
Hero shows Ad 2d (high card, ace).
MP1 shows Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP1 wins $58.70. </font>

I wasn't really sure about this play, so I've decided to post it.

Here's my reasoning behind everything:

Preflop call of A2s in EP is questionable, but the game had been loose passive so I reckoned I could make the draw cheaply and get it paid off... MP1 raises min. Hmm, he's in my notes as relatively tight and doesn't raise that ofter at all, probably a big hand (anything from TT-AA, AK-AJ/KQ, maybe KJ).

Flop is great for me, with the flush draw and the gutshot. I check it here as MP1 will probably bet and hopefully I'll get a few callers along the way. MP1 bets but only CO calls.

This is the iffy part, I checkraise by around pot. The way I see it, MP1 is likely to have overcards and I can get him to fold (or even the high PP with a board that scary but seeing as its UB$0.25 I doubt it). CO is a big draw chaser so will probably call as a huge dog.

Plan goes wrong when MP1 raises all in, chasing out the CO. Grr, he's got the big PP (probably KK-TT seeing as I have the A). I call though as I'm getting 3-2 on what I reckon is even money.

What should have I done different?

Matt Flynn
03-10-2004, 12:12 AM
check-call the flop. check-fold the turn if you don't get good odds to call. no need to get committed in that game. if you turn it, they will come.

plus what if co has a weaker flush draw? don't flush down your flush equity.

matt

Daann
03-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Heh, yeah, I definetely agree now, though I was expecting the CO to call me down with any kind of draw anyway. I should have given MP1's bet more credit really, especially as he wasn't particularly aggressive. Cheers for the advice.