PDA

View Full Version : High Octane Poker (previously know as Harmony Poker) - Week 7

nykenny
03-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Since I have achieved "Harmony" status, poker has calm down a bit for me. The results have also slipped a bit. For whatever reason, I am really happy about this improvement. The project thus far has helped me turning poker from a near problematic habbit into a more enjoyable hobby.

Only 6-7 months ago, I would play many hours of poker each day and let it interfere with other parts of my life. Though I was holding myself together, poker was becoming an increasing burden.

Now, I am at harmony with poker. I can't remember the last time I went on serious tilt or play very badly as a result of a bad day or feeling depressed or defeated during a losing streak. Things have become very clear about poker: it's all about EV on each of your decisions made at the table; the closer to accurate decisions you make, the better you result will be. And you must be good enough to beat the game for more than the rake.

I must thank the online poker sites to allow us to play multiple tables at the same time. Being able to do just that contributes greatly to me achieving the goal of being at peace with poker. Now that Poker is friendly enough with me, I am setting a new goal and direction for poker personally: Play as many tables as I can and maximize hands/hr rate, hence "High Octane Poker". I want to find out the equalibrium point where adding one more table will actually decrease my expection.

So far, it's been about a week since I started playing 5 tabling or higher octane limit hold'em. The results have been mixed, but the FUN FACTOR is more than compensating that! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif It is SOOOO much fun to get a premium pair every 5 minutes! But it is also SOOOOO frustrating to get a good hand cracked every 4 minutes! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Here is my last week's Poker Log (http://www.sillymelon.com/dblist.asp?table=pokerlog&f1=0&f2=2&f3=3&f4=1&f5=4 &sortby=gdate&sorttype=desc&where=pid='nykenny'%20 AND%20gloc='Party%20Poker'%20AND%20gdate>'2/29/2004')

Good luck at the tables,

Kenny